Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spiritualist on Derek Mooney

• 27-09-2010 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭

The Derek Mooney show this afternoon on RTE 1 had a woman spiritualist claiming to get in touch with the dead. In addition to the free advertising, Derek read out her future engagements, times, dates, venues and said he would put them up on the RTE website.

There was no balance or grown-up viewpoint on the show to expose this charlatan.

Please help put a stop to this exploitation of the vulnerable by complaining to RTE.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭liamw

You can't prove she doesn't talk to the dead

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Burn the witch!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Banbh

You can't prove she doesn't talk to the dead
    Yes I can. A fairy told me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

I talk to the dead but all they ever say is 'Brrraaaiiiins'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Banbh wrote: »
    The Derek Mooney show this afternoon on RTE 1 had a woman spiritualist claiming to get in touch with the dead. In addition to the free advertising, Derek read out her future engagements, times, dates, venues and said he would put them up on the RTE website.

There was no balance or grown-up viewpoint on the show to expose this charlatan.

Please help put a stop to this exploitation of the vulnerable by complaining to RTE.

RTE only like "balance" when they've someone on they disagree with, like a "scientist" or such nonsense like that.

For examples of RTE balance how about

Trained meteorologist up against random nutters using tea-leaves, dolphins and "old people's signs" to predict the weather.

http://www.rte.ie/podcasts/2009/pc/pod-v-160509-24m49s-saturdaywithrachaelenglish.mp3

How about Pat Kenny's balancing John Gibbons with "professor" Ian Plimer, where Kenny nails his colours truly to the mast.
    http://www.thinkorswim.ie/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Pat-Kenny-RTE-Plimer-2-12-09.mov

Not to mention that Dawkins can't even talk about a book on evolution without having some priest crowbarred into the program for "balance".

Yet chatting to the dead ... that's fine, no balance required.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,496 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Well to properly balance **** like this all you really need is some dude to make farting noises in response to everything she says.

They're about the same in intellectual merit.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

They had some angel-woman on the Late Late a couple of weeks ago and I'd say even any potential wags in the audience were afraid to question her as she gave off such an air of calm, fruit loopiness.

Of course there was nobody officially invited on to add any sense of reality to the stuff she was spouting. They just gave her 15-20 mins to talk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭liamw

Banbh wrote: »
    Yes I can. A fairy told me.

I stand corrected

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Dades wrote: »
    Of course there was nobody officially invited on to add any sense of reality to the stuff she was spouting. .......

Puppetry of The Penis were already booked.

Advertisement