Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's happening?

Options
  • 27-09-2010 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭

So what are you guys up to now?
    Not many posts going on at the moment, if you're playing something different, let me know, don't want you guys stealing a head start on me:D

oh and if it's starcraft I don't wanna know ^ ^

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

So what are you guys up to now?
    Not many posts going on at the moment, if you're playing something different, let me know, don't want you guys stealing a head start on me:D

oh and if it's starcraft I don't wanna know ^ ^

The playerbase is dropping off rapidly due to Dice's crappy support. It'll pick up in a few weeks with Vietnam, but I suspect it'll stay fairly quiet until BF3 proper.

In the meantime, it's Civ5 for the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭shootermacg

I really don't want to get sucked into any mmorpgs or grinders, I played Runes of magic a bit...a lot recently and my life suffered as a result, really need to get a shooter, those babys are the best thing for me, pick up and play a few games, throw the keyboard thru the screen and get out for a jog, can't beat it!

Also I hear Amnesia the Dark decent is sposed to be very good.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I really don't want to get sucked into any mmorpgs or grinders, I played Runes of magic a bit...a lot recently and my life suffered as a result, really need to get a shooter, those babys are the best thing for me, pick up and play a few games, throw the keyboard thru the screen and get out for a jog, can't beat it!

Also I hear Amnesia the Dark decent is sposed to be very good.

There's a demo you can try. I wasn't impressed.

http://www.fileshack.com/browse.x/7742

There's Dead Rising 2 next week, finally coming to the PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

I've pre-ordered MOH, I heard that they fixed a lot of beta problems and you get early access to the BF3 beta.

For now though I'm playing the 2142 1.51 beta patch, the extra 4 maps and the 3 northern strike maps add a lot I think.

L4D2 with a regular team of mates is an addiction I'm finding hard to break as well

What's the story with dead rising? I played 5 mins of it when it was on the xbox but i didn't see anything to be impressed with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Civ 5 and World of Tanks

fingers crossed they don fcuk up BF3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Well im playing BFBC2 on xbox and on PC while waiting for MOH to come out, ive given up on COD games.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

CODBO for most of us. Have given up on Dice, and aint holding my breath re BF3. In fact those who think Dice will produce a decent version of BF3 for PC's are clutching at straws, IMO off course.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

TF2

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Still playing the occasional bit of BFBC2 on public, it still has its good moments even if they standard of play has gone way up in terms of lots of Level 50's and map glitches. Going to be playing Civ 5 and Fallout New Vegas when it comes out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Spear wrote: »
    The playerbase is dropping off rapidly due to Dice's crappy support. It'll pick up in a few weeks with Vietnam, but I suspect it'll stay fairly quiet until BF3 proper.

In the meantime, it's Civ5 for the moment.

If they reskinned bfv with the bf2 engine i would buy it such was it's greatness.Alas it's a bfbc expansion so i prolly wont go near it.Battlefield is on it's last legs and no shock paddle is going to save it if they continue in this format. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭tonsiltickler

lads, when is vietnam expansion pack coming out? Also just wondering, how many of ye are planning on getting medal of honor since dice put in some work on its production? Looking forward to playing with ye soon

PS3 Username:davecro1

lads, when is vietnam expansion pack coming out? Also just wondering, how many of ye are planning on getting medal of honor since dice put in some work on its production? Looking forward to playing with ye soon

PS3 Username:davecro1

They just said "Winter 2010", but I can't imagine they'd put it up against the release of CoD:BO, so later rather than sooner would be my guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

The vietnam expansion isnt related in any way to BFV, just in case anyone thought it was. Which is a serious pity!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

play on conquest only panama canal only servers, theres about 6 32 slot servers and theyre all full for the majority of the day. queue times of only 1 or 2 though so it aint bad.

havent gotten sick of the map, in fact, have gotten to level 31 without getting bored of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Im soon going onto level 31 on BFBC2 on PC.

Re-installed my OS recently and haven't played any BC2, haven't even installed it. I've been playing quake live a bit, it's still the daddy, although my mad skillz have really suffered from the long break, other than that not much gaming being done at all.

Tried a bit of killzone 2 on the ps3 but i just hate the controller thingy.

Still debating reinstalling BC2, haven't had a chance to look for arma2 at all.
    Good thing the american tv season has started up again or I'd be bored off me trolly.

Right, gonna reinstall l4d2 and bc2 tonight, although, I don't pedict too many games happening.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

World of Tanks !

BF2 without the infantry :p (almost but getting there!)

Ponster wrote: »
    World of Tanks !

BF2 without the infantry :p (almost but getting there!)

Just applied for the beta, it looks like I'll have to wait a bit.

Just got my key, I'll be installing world of tanks tonight ^ ^. Still would like to hear from anyone who has spent some time playing arma2.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Still would like to hear from anyone who has spent some time playing arma2.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Wow vietnam mod out

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=108476

Sounds cool, might take a look for the game at the end of the month. I actually haven't been near a games shop in months, need to knock this work on the head ^ ^.

I loved the original flashpoint so it looks like this could be a good buy. I'd say arma2 is pretty cheap now.

Tried world of tanks, no thanks not for me.
    So MoH any1 tempted?

Tried world of tanks, no thanks not for me.
    So MoH any1 tempted?

Hold off until it's cheap. At full price it's not worth it. The single player is irrelevant. The multiplayer is a curious one. It's not on the scale or longevity of a BF/CoD title. Most estimates I've seen are full rank after maybe 24 hours. There's a limited weapon selection, simple series of unlocks and medals. It seems like a very budget type effort.

Cheers for the update spear:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Agreed with what Spear said...it's a pity as potentially the multiplayer could have been a fantastic game with squad based play etc..
    It should have been a great tactical game if squads were introduced but DICE failed miserably and failed to do so for fear of cutting into BC2 sales.
    Another scandal is the unlock for the veteran kits...the M24 sniper's vet kit has 3 twigs in it compared to the standard M24 and that's it...
    Have some brilliant games on it but also some where I came oh so close to punching my hand through my 24" lcd but settled for screaming abuse at it..
    It was a round where we were attacking a point and every fúckin one of my team mates were all back trying to snipe while I was the only one attempting to blow up the blockade within the time limit,..
    I was on vent with my clan and they were all on the other team breaking their asses laughing at hearing me curse and scream.
    My k/d at the end of that game? 12 kills/ 50 deaths while everyone else on my team had about 20 kills/10 deaths...see..now look at what you've done Spear..I'm getting pissed off again :mad:

The one good thing it has done is made me like BC2 more and appreciate a good game, it has it's faults and it's no Battlefield 2 but then again it's no MoH either...

An important lesson in why you shouldn't bunch up, it only feeds the next support action, and the next...

mohmpgame20101020154328.th.jpg

so let me get this straight Spear, you guys are playing MoH but advising me not to, I'm feeling a bit put out...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

so let me get this straight Spear, you guys are playing MoH but advising me not to, I'm feeling a bit put out...

I play it for about an hour before the high blood pressure and blood red face tells me to quit :D

• Advertisement

Haha:D

I find I'm getting less tolerant of games nowadays too, I started a game of quake live last night, spawned/died, spawn/died and just shut the game down and I love quake, think that was my 1st experience of unprovoked rage quit ever, but tbh I was probly raging before I even started the game:mad:

Advertisement