Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's happening?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Well finally bit the bullet and ordered arma 2 and the addon, pretty cheap 40 yoyos for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Havent played BC2 in ages. Been playing World of Tanks.

Might pop on for the odd game of BC2 tonght maybe if anyone's up for it.

However, as soon as I get Gustav'd by some n00b standing on the other side of the map, I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Would not play MOH at all....I would give it 5/10 at best. Very dull, really tried to get into it but its pure run n gun crap and sniper camp heaven. Very narrow maps with loads of choke points to camp like ****. Bad and limited weapons.....Has not got a patch on BFBC2 even with its flaws......I was pretty handy with MOH but the kills just were not fun or rewarding like in BFBC2.

I will get COD:BO when its out and really give it a good go....

Say what you like about L4D2 put its a UBER game that I just keep going back to, played with public noobs its not great but get regular 8 peeps and I swear its tense and very rewarding.

I have been playing F1 2010 with steering wheel and Civ 5 and currently playing the New Star Wars.

Havent played BC2 in ages. Been playing World of Tanks.

Might pop on for the odd game of BC2 tonght maybe if anyone's up for it.

However, as soon as I get Gustav'd by some n00b standing on the other side of the map, I'm out.

I have had 4 games in the last 3 days and all were very good, before that have not played it in about 3 mths. Alot more higher ranks now and the standard is pretty high so I am the noob now....lol

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I've been reading about some of the L4D2 mods and they sound fantastic especially the LoTR mod..really tempted to give it a go.

I'd be on for some L4D2 campaign modes as I've yet to finish any of them yet...

As for BC2 really starting to enjoy it more especially with my clan and the abuse I get when they meet me with my X39 and underslung shotgun attachment :D they're getting really sick of it :D

MoH is brutal....it's a pity there's no squads as it had a lot of potential but after Black Ops is released I reckon within a week no one will be playing MoH.
    I'm uninstalling my copy and giving it to the brother as I just hate the game now

• Advertisement

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I have had 4 games in the last 3 days and all were very good, before that have not played it in about 3 mths. Alot more higher ranks now and the standard is pretty high so I am the noob now....lol

Sure I might pop on later for a bit if you're up for a round or two :D

Well me and the northside rambo (dubs gunner) had a few rounds last night on a decent enough server.....its good to be back. Need a bit of practise TBH, found myself getting killed when I should not have. :rolleyes:

There had been a few changes to the guns since I last played I think the AN-9N is not as powerful as it was before well not to me anyhow. Had a few very good rounds then I could not hit a thing.....but I was getting killed alot trying to get my defib working, is there a bug going around. My last 2 games the defib does not work for me.

I forgot how good some of the maps actually are if only they were a TAD BIGGER, will be on again tonite for a round or two before I gets me some ZOMBIES!!!!!

Well me and the northside rambo (dubs gunner) had a few rounds last night on a decent enough server.....its good to be back. Need a bit of practise TBH, found myself getting killed when I should not have. :rolleyes:

There had been a few changes to the guns since I last played I think the AN-9N is not as powerful as it was before well not to me anyhow. Had a few very good rounds then I could not hit a thing.....but I was getting killed alot trying to get my defib working, is there a bug going around. My last 2 games the defib does not work for me.

I forgot how good some of the maps actually are if only they were a TAD BIGGER, will be on again tonite for a round or two before I gets me some ZOMBIES!!!!!

Ah was good craic.

Haven't played in ages - and bloody hell it showed ha ha!! Think I had 1 decent round out of about 4 or 5.

Defo have been a lot of gun nerfs, the AN is weaker, the MG3 has gotten incredibly weak, and its high rate of fire doesn't help as the accuracy has obviously been toned down a fair bit.

All in all though, was fun to have a few games after not playing for so long. Will probably be back on later tonight for a few rounds Wonda.
    Might see if I can get a free TS server going, as the game is MUCH better when you can talk to who you're playing with!

**edit - I've found free TS hosting!!

Here is the server:
    ts2.teamspeak4free.co.uk:10801

It may expire, but I can get a new one whenever I like. I think each server lasts for 24 hours.

I'll keep the details of the admin panel to myself.

Of course, I could just set up a server on my own machine each night, and give out the address to whoever's online.... (might be easier!)

Is it a public channel dubs....dont wanna be stuck with a load of MONGOS who's balls have not dropped yet!!!! ;) Talking over each other.....but its much better having the banter when you playing....

You really do have to get L4D2 dubs....last time I was talking to MEATS OF EVIL it was $10 bucks on steam......:eek::eek:

EDIT****

It is only €20 euro on steam now dubs...

Is it a public channel dubs....dont wanna be stuck with a load of MONGOS who's balls have not dropped yet!!!! ;) Talking over each other.....but its much better having the banter when you playing....

You really do have to get L4D2 dubs....last time I was talking to MEATS OF EVIL it was $10 bucks on steam......:eek::eek:

EDIT****

It is only €20 euro on steam now dubs...

No, that TS server is only for me, and whoever I give the address to, its not public per se. (unless there were other people in it?? I have the admin passwords etc)

• Advertisement

Grand job...I will check it out laterzzzz. Will be handy when gaming online, get that L4D2 will ya ffs.

Well Dubs and I left our mark on some GERMAN server last night.....great fun it had to be said. Dubs was doin his nut when some gimp was his nemesis with a shotgun.....chap was mental with it. To be fair he was actually in the thick of it with the double barrell jobbie instead of the glitch from across the map....but dubs finally nailed his ass.

Then some dude was sitting in one of the houses on the snow map with the VSS sniper rifle and he was "Running Amuck" to say the least. Border line Aimbot man...I swear.

Last round we had was super, 7 on each side there abouts and we HAMMERED THEM by over 200+ tickets in the end. I was running around with the most basic engineer gun and was called the usual AIMBOT ****e! Peeps just dont get how good that little gun is....but you are ****ed for RANGE & Bullets.

Dubs won the round and only killed about 3 peeps....lol. I had a K : D of 35:5 and came 2nd....WTF!!!!:P

Gonna call him "SPANNER DUBS" anymore the amount of repairs he was doin.....

Ha ha yeah was good craic alright! We'd a couple of great rounds last night.

The server wasn't very full, but was set to 400 tickets, which really led to some end to end fighting!

I set up my own TS server so myself and Wonda could talk (almost a requirement in BF) and we seriously ran amock!

I think we may have renewed our love for the game.

Oh, and a serious lack of n00bs & glitchers/hackers too!

Yeah, the game is a whole lot more mature so to speak. Its like all the messers and dossers have been banned. I did notice alot of punckbuster bans for hacks n ****...all night (Missed me lol)

But I am enjoying the game alot more now, maybe its coz the standard of players seem to be better now aswell. A few new maps or maybe a gun or two would be very welcome.....they really have to stop this tinkering with weapons at this stage.:rolleyes:

Yeah, the game is a whole lot more mature so to speak. Its like all the messers and dossers have been banned. I did notice alot of punckbuster bans for hacks n ****...all night (Missed me lol)

But I am enjoying the game alot more now, maybe its coz the standard of players seem to be better now aswell. A few new maps or maybe a gun or two would be very welcome.....they really have to stop this tinkering with weapons at this stage.:rolleyes:

Yeah its a right pain. It seems every time I decide to have a game they've messed up what had become my weapon of choice, after they'd messed up my previous weapon of choice!

They can't balance it any more, as 'balancing' some things inevitably unbalances others.

More content would be nice though. Maybe a grapple hook or flash bang he he!

Bring rockets back to the gunner seat in choppers. I want that!

Grapple hook ffs.....you havin a laugh. Buy the time you threw it on the roof the whole platoon would be dead......;) Nah leave it out, night vision googles.

Flash Bangs maybe, but I would rather have a nade then a flash bang. A night level would be sweet straight out of BF:Special Forces.

Grapple hook ffs.....you havin a laugh. Buy the time you threw it on the roof the whole platoon would be dead......;) Nah leave it out, night vision googles.

Flash Bangs maybe, but I would rather have a nade then a flash bang. A night level would be sweet straight out of BF:Special Forces.

Yep night level, night vision goggles (not googles, unless you're searching for something in particular lol), flash bangs and a zip line then!

He he!

Yep night level, night vision goggles (not googles, unless you're searching for something in particular lol), flash bangs and a zip line then!

He he!

LMAO...should not be doing this in work.....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I'm fairly hooked in Civ 5 at the mo, might check back in on BC2 if there are new maps. Vietnam expansion looks very nice too

A CIV 5 is good but after a little while it gets very samey....I mean in the end you pretty much have to win it by ARMY DOMINATION.

Would love to have another scrim with you AL....look me up when you are on. I will be on later after the X FACT......a national Geographic documentary :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement