Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Passive smoking and temptation

Options
  • 27-09-2010 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

Was outside having coffee this morning, 3 ladies next to me were puffing away. Was as though I had actually smoked myself, the longing returned, even now a little bit. I don't usually feel that way in the company of smokers but did so today.

Posted here about 2 months ago saying that I had lapsed after about 10 months off, well after 2 packets I quit again.....

I like the outdoors in terms of coffee....like to watch the world....

The awareness campaign for Mouth cancer this week has helped my resolve.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 cailindeas25

Fair play to you stopping again after 2 packets!
    What happened to me was one night while out drinking I had one cigarette after not smoking for three months. then two weeks later i had a couple of cigarettes. I thought I could control my cigarette intake. then i started having cigarettes only at the weekends, then a few everyday after work until one day I was having a cigarette first thing in the morning. Slippery slope.
    Off them two weeks now so I hope I don't fall into the trap again of thinking 'just one' won't hurt.
    It's great that you stopped after 2 packets:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Freiheit

Well done and good luck to you too...yes can be a slippery slope....hopefuly I won't slide again!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Optimus485

I went to a friends house for dinner. They are smokers and it was their own house, so I wasn't gonna stop them smoking in their own living room!

I am at the stage now where I can spend a limited amount of time (a couple of hours) in the company of a smoking person.

When I got home, I had to get my smelly clothes in the washing machine and wash the stink off my skin and hair. It was gross!

I didn't want to smoke at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭Worztron

Why is it that passive smoking does not cause addiction? It causes just as much damage to the non smoker but how is the nicotine also not taken in by the non smoker?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Advertisement