Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing grout colour

• 27-09-2010 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

I want to change the colour of the grout around a few tiles-tiler done a small bit of tiling for me but used brown grout instead of white which was on the wall ones and I just want to make it all white- I got a grout pen and was going to go over them with that- I'm only going to change the colour around one or two on the wall that were removed and put back so the brown grout is noticeable. Sound ok cos I dont want to mess it up any worse

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Can't you get the tiler back to fix his faux pas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭handydandy

Grout pens are not the best to be honest, if you are doing it all yourself, get a flat head screwdriver and slowly but surely scrape out some of the grout.

Clean off all the dust and loose bits then grout over the brown stuff, not a quick job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,179 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

get a grout saw instead of the screwdriver...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

GreeBo wrote: »
    get a grout saw instead of the screwdriver...

Grout will have to be removed with either a saw or a tool... The saw is hireable and advisable...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭King Mallie

There is a grout colourant that you get from aqu mix. I have used it a few times and it covers perfect (after 2 coats).
    No need to remove old grout with eliminate risk of tile damage.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

There is a grout colourant that you get from aqu mix. I have used it a few times and it covers perfect (after 2 coats).
    No need to remove old grout with eliminate risk of tile damage.:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:
    Yes i am aware of it...However you cannot change brown to white which is why i did not advise of it... Also its only really rec on floors if you as professionals...:P

:rolleyes:
    Yes i am aware of it...However you cannot change brown to white which is why i did not advise of it... Also its only really rec on floors if you as professionals...:P

It is rec for walls if ya read the bottle. It will work on changing brown to white. I have done it a few times as I previously stated.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14 cmas

Hi,
    Just hijacking this post.... Could I use that aqua mix colourant to spruce up cream grout on my kitchen floor? Would I have to seal it after? Also is it in most tile shops?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 25 funsboro

Cool thanks folks, its only one ot two tiles I would ask the tiler to come back but i think it's mostly me being picky but it is bugging me- will see what I come up with in B&Q and return the grout pen I reckon, cheers

cmas wrote: »
    Hi,
    Just hijacking this post.... Could I use that aqua mix colourant to spruce up cream grout on my kitchen floor? Would I have to seal it after? Also is it in most tile shops?
    Thanks

No need to seal it. It should be in most tile shops or else they would have an alternative product.

• Advertisement
Advertisement