Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Plug for HP AC Power adaptor

• 27-09-2010 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

Hello everyone

I am completely clueless when it comes to computers, and need help.

Basically, the plug that plugs into my HP adaptor 09504082 is broken and so I have to keep twisting it round and round for ages trying to get my printer to work. I obviously need a new plug. Can I buy a plug for it in a computer shop or does the plug come with the adaptor?

Thanks very much!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12 PrinterGuy

Hi There
    The Lead You Need !!!
    Should be what is refered to as a kettle lead ( three holes ) or another two hole type that I can't remember the name of.
    Both are quite common ( kettles / radio leads ) and can be gotten in most electrical wholesalers / computer shops / maplins.
    Regards,
    PrinterGuy

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭lynnsback

Wow, thanks very much. Yis are all so quick and helpful here!

I feel like such a girl now though; not realising it is just an ordinary feckin plug. :D

I'll be in central Dublin tomorrow. Can you recommend any good shops for this plug?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

lynnsback wrote: »
    I'll be in central Dublin tomorrow. Can you recommend any good shops for this plug?

Could not nick one from work, we are just a small office here and normally have 10 of fecking things going spare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭hearny

From your description it sounds like the lead that plugs into the adapter for the laptop.

If this is it unplug it from the laptop and look at the connection.
    There are 3 common options here:

1) Kettle Lead just has 2 holes for the pins looks like a figure of 8 shape. (see 2HoleKettleLead.jpeg)
    2) Standard computer cord with 3 pins (see powerlead.jpg attachment)
    3) More unusual 3 pin with circular shape (see 3holecircular.jpg)

Maplin should stock them its by Smyths between Parnell Street and Henry Street

• Advertisement

Maplin or Peats are just off the top of O'Connell Street.
    Peats are on parnell street ( or used to be ) and maplin are just off parnell street there somewhere as well.
    Next to the Jervis centre.

Dammit, I am still having the same issue! It must be the adaptor itself. Where do I get a new one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭hearny

http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?TabID=1&criteria=usb&ModuleNo=347600&C=SO&U=Strat15

Think this is the one. Is that the same connection to the laptop as The picture.
    The list of laptops it fits can be seen here http://www.maplin.co.uk/searchtemplate.asp?criteria=HP%20AC%20POWER%20ADAPTER%200950-4082

Otherwise post the laptop model number.

There is also the possibility of the connection on the laptop that's the problem.

Is there any way you can borrow a universal charger to test it instead of wasting your money again.

Hi There,
    I see you're still having trouble, send me a private mail with your number and you can come over to my store ( D15 ) and I'll sort the problem for you.
    Regards

Sorry I took so long to reply. Family stuff...

Anyway, I don't know if the adaptor in the pic is the same as mine. The label on my adaptor says: HP adaptor 09504082. It is a PC and not a laptop. I don't know if this makes a difference.

I don't think I know anyone with a universal charger though - what is that?

Thanks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement