Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rise and shine...

• 27-09-2010 6:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Roro4Brit

So I'm on a weeks break from work since Friday at 6. Since Friday I've not left the apartment and I've literally spent 90% of my time horizontal on the couch or bed, flipping between watching TV, stuff on the web, sleeping and eating. I've slept at least 50 hours since Friday....

I'm rejoining civilization tomorrow as I'm taking a short break with the OH but he just said how he cant believe I've spent my weekend like this (not in a judgemental way, more in admiration :p). He's one of those must-do-something people and my weekend gone is his idea of hell.

So what you think? Would you love a weekend like mine or would you hate to be in such a vegitative state for so long?

PS is it bright or dark out now? I'd check but the curtains are so far away and I don't feel like getting up just yet.....:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Be horizontal with your OH?

Roro4Brit wrote: »
    in admiration
    my weekend gone is his idea of hell.

he admires a weekend of hell?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

I like to do it at least once a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

So I'm on a weeks break from work since Friday at 6. Since Friday I've not left the apartment and I've literally spent 90% of my time horizontal on the couch or bed, flipping between watching TV, stuff on the web, sleeping and eating. I've slept at least 50 hours since Friday....

I'm rejoining civilization tomorrow as I'm taking a short break with the OH but he just said how he cant believe I've spent my weekend like this (not in a judgemental way, more in admiration :p). He's one of those must-do-something people and my weekend gone is his idea of hell.

So what you think? Would you love a weekend like mine or would you hate to be in such a vegitative state for so long?

PS is it bright or dark out now? I'd check but the curtains are so far away and I don't feel like getting up just yet.....:D

Im like your OH, i do however like to vegg out every so often, but it tends to be because im knackered!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Roro4Brit

bluewolf wrote: »
    he admires a weekend of hell?

No he was saying he would love to be able to switch off for so long....but at the moment doing so drives him insane.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

I hate lying about too,mind you at the time I think its alright but once I am back to normality I realise I just wasted the time. 1 thing a weekend usually aim for,even if that is just going to a mates gaff or the pub 1 night.

Oh yea,just go horizontal with him,then post pics or a video just so we know you did.........

Ive just been off work for 2 weeks there and because I've not much money to be doing anything with I pretty much lazed about the entire time...couldn't possibly tell you how much sleep I had because it was that much but I was getting around 12hrs most nights :D
    Personally, I can't stand it when people start going on about " oh what a waste that is" and "you should be out doing something" ...frankly shut the f*ck up!! I'll do what I like with my time and my idea of relaxing is doing sweet f.a. not this get up, go doing something, go GO DO IT NOWWWW crap!

Fair play OP, live the dream :D

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Mark25

I work in a restraunt and often don't finish work until late. When I get home I might look at TV or a DVD and then go to bed late. I stay in bed too much and seem to just piss about until I have to go into work again. I always say this week I'll do something useful with the day but unless I have to do something or arranged something I sually don't. I try to go to the gym a couple of times a week but apart from that I can be lazy enough - the joys of shift work.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

I do this at least 3 times per week:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

I do like to veg out alright. If i have a load of things to do i won't sit down until everything is finished, cos i love just flaking on the couch knowing i have nothing to be doing..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

On my days off I like to go on "adventures" which means going somewhere and doing something whether it be real or window shopping of just seeing a new place.

I do enjoy chilling out in bed on the net catching up on my stories :P reading and chatting to friends on MSN!

You've had your time chilling out so get off your arse and have fun with your OH! :) I'm off tomorrow so I'm getting up early for a nice brisk walk, have to collect a dress, have a peep in town and then go for a little training course in work! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Torres9

I'm rejoining civilization tomorrow as I'm taking a short break with the OH but he just said how he cant believe I've spent my weekend like this (not in a judgemental way, more in admiration :p).

Anyone else just presume the OP was a guy up til this??

EDIT:

Unless of course the OP is a guy!!!

Advertisement