Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spiders!

• 27-09-2010 6:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭

Every day I come out to find my bike covered in spider webs, as well as a few of the little bugs themselves. I guess it doesn't help that I park the bike next to a tall hedge (helps keep it hidden).

Today when I was driving home from work, one of the smaller ones found its way up inside my lid and started crawling over the insider of the visor. Not something you want to see when driving at 50mph. :D On other occasions I've see them crawling across the mirrors/fuel tank etc whilst driving.

I'm not quite arachnophobic, but I'd rather not have them crawling all over me if possible.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to deter the spiders from camping out on my bike?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Swallow a bird to catch the spider.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Have you tried shouting at them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

my bike has a resident spider the last few months :),,he has a web off my mirror to screen most days its parked up..and he's also learned to run for cover when the bike is startin up to his little retreat underneath the mirror rubber cover clever lil tings them :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Perhaps dawnin a spider costume and learning spidese, then infiltrate their spider society and bride them with flys that you bought on ebay knowing that they were laden with bugspray. That or wash the bike...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Get a bigger Spyder and see what they do:-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKXUwJfpewg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Rosahane wrote: »
    Get a bigger Spyder and see what they do:-)

Tarantula ftw!

Funny you mentioned it OP, ive the same problem and never even realised it could come from parking my bike near hedging every night.

Anyway it was 3 degrees outside last night so I suspect if you give it a few more weeks of getting colder the problem will be gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭SeamusG97

It seems the solution already been posted in this forum.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056045195
    Mind you I tried my best on my bike but they seem to cling on better than I can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Is your bike covered?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Is your bike covered?

I was just about to ask this.

If it is not - you can get a decent bike cover from Argos for handy enough money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Is your bike covered?

Nope. Never thought of this. I figured spiders wouldn't care.

If I took better care of my bike, I probably would have gotten a cover on day 1!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭7ofBrian

Have you tried shouting at them?

:D hahahahaha! fuggin brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

II have about 6 resident spiders on the GIXR, one is stupid enough not to move as he builds a new web over night from the mirror to the bars, the rest of them have more sense and builds them in more sheltered parts of the bike.

Advertisement