Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ASUS ENGTX470 Question

Options
  • 27-09-2010 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Does anybody have an idea on the difference(s) between ENGTX470/2DI/1280MD5 and ENGTX470/2DI/1280MD5/V2. I've tried to compare the two cards on ASUS website, but they are nearly identical besides the extra HDMI socket on the V2 via an adapter. There isn't much else to go on.

What about the card's design and efficiency, anything at all that will improve stability and or performance on the V2 to make it worth getting over the original ENGTX470/2DI/1280MD5? If there are any differences that wouldn't be mentioned on the technical specification sheets, it would be helpful to know.

Many thanks,
    D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

I dont think there is any difference from the looks of it bar the extra port as you say but i still would go with V2 as it may have a newer bios.
    The cooler look the same but maybe be better under the shroud.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭DECEiFER

game4it70 wrote: »
    I dont think there is any difference from the looks of it bar the extra port as you say but i still would go with V2 as it may have a newer bios.
    The cooler look the same but maybe be better under the shroud.
    I was thinking the same, especially the BIOS. I would get the V2, but Komplett began stocking the ordinary one and it's a tad cheaper than Overclockers.co.uk's V2 model. Looking to save the sponds and was hoping there would be no real difference between the two so I could justify skimming.

Thanks for the reply, game4it. Much appreciated.

Does anybody know for sure if there's a newer BIOS / different (better) design under the cooler, etc.?

Advertisement