Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rainbow/ brown trout lake fishing after 30/9/10

Options
  • 27-09-2010 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭

Lads
    Just looking for a bit of info I bought a fishing rod for my godson & last weekend I was in Kildare & he asked me to take him fishing. I am just wondering are there any stocked rainbow / brownie lakes open after the 30th of September, preferably in kildare/meath area?
    cheers
    TimMac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Maynooth fisheries is alright

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭TimMac

Hi Troutfisher
    that would be ideal, any idea if they are open all year round?
    do they allow spinning?
    cheers
    TimMac

Maynooth fisheries is alright

No theres no spinning allowed at all but their bait lake is very good theirs trout,carp,and perch

• Registered Users Posts: 17 gitman

No theres no spinning allowed at all but their bait lake is very good theirs trout,carp,and perch
    do you know if there is any tench in there?

no not until next year but theirs also a big carp lake down the end of the complex

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭fisherking

tinahinch in enniskerry is the best spot i know for big rainbows but fly only ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭ravey

Theres Rathbeggan Lakes near Dunshaughlin. Always stocked, no spinning though, but they do allow bait fishing as well as fly.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭wgsten

Here are a few more :
    Castlecomer Lakes, Kilkenny 0861763221

Stradbally Lake, Laois 0879488483

Laois Angling Centre, Coolrain Laois 0879962864

Lough Aishling, Edenderry Offaly 0868114020 Joe

Rathcon Fishery. Grangecon Wicklow, Prior booking only 086292309 Dermot

wgsten

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭experimenter

Add Garryhill, Co Carlow to the list, I was there yesterday..

Even nailed a few on the dry fly, with the sun going down..

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Evac105

Was down in Annamoe at the weekend for the IFI event, nice small fly lake with knowledgeable and helpful staff, there's also a bait/spinning pond though I didn't actually have a look at that while we were there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭TimMac

Thanks Evac105

whereabouts in the country is that?
    Evac105 wrote: »
    Was down in Annamoe at the weekend for the IFI event, nice small fly lake with knowledgeable and helpful staff, there's also a bait/spinning pond though I didn't actually have a look at that while we were there.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭aidanf

Evac105 wrote: »

How did you get on? Did you catch anything?

I caught three or four but the wifey was still under instruction during that time and by the stage that the ladies were trying their new skills out the lake had been fairly well trashed by a number of anglers, making it much more difficult to catch anything. Lesson here is, get in early!

Overall a really fun day though with the better half getting the opportunity to play in a trout about 2lb's (I had hooked it) which was about 6 times larger then her previous best on the fly. I'm sure that anyone who's played a larger fish on the fly will know just how exhilarating it is and it's given her another boost to catching one of her own and playing it in for the complete experience :)

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭experimenter

Advertisement