Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Long/Custom spokes in Dublin

• 27-09-2010 7:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello all.
    I just moved here for school from Los Angeles and unfortunately I've already broken a few spokes on my rear wheel. They're just standard old 27" wheels but the spokes seem to be unusually long (around 306mm x 2mm). I've tried several bike stores in my area (Rathmines) and none have any longer than 300mm.
    My question is if anyone knows of a shop in the greater Dublin area that is likely to have a larger selection of spoke sizes or can cut and thread their own spoke blanks.
    Any help would be very much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Try euro cycles in town, south Frederick street. Cliff is usually pretty good at getting spokes in... Could take a while tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭JMJR

You might also try rothar near phibsboro, www.rothar.ie, as they usually have scrap wheels in that size. John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

I've got longer than standard spokes before in Cyclogical on the quays, I was told by another bike shop at the time that Cyclogical can thread and cut them to size but they were able to source the ones I needed from a box behind the counter. They just had them in black at the time but that didn't bother me.

Advertisement