Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone number for b'band exchange info

• 27-09-2010 7:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭

Is there a phone number I can call and find out about the status of my exchange?
    I was told by a sales guy a few weeks ago that my exchange would be b'band enabled this month but I have been putting my number into the line checker and it says it does not qualify.
    I can't find a telephone number on their site anywhere.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

No. eircom are still grinding away finishing a list they announced 3 and a Half YEARS ago and have around 40 to do, maybe 30. Looks like they will not finish it in 2010. Only one exchange is supposed to launch in October and it is not even on that list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭lukin

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    No. eircom are still grinding away finishing a list they announced 3 and a Half YEARS ago and have around 40 to do, maybe 30. Looks like they will not finish it in 2010. Only one exchange is supposed to launch in October and it is not even on that list.

Great.I will switch to another provider as the sales guy promised me my exchange would be enabled this month.

Unless you are on one of these the salesman lied, amazing it still happens in eircom especially with the fantastic regulation Comreg do for us.

Carrowroe Junction Sligo
    Coolaney Sligo
    Kish Waterford or Wicklow
    Maree Galway

If you are they told the truth, still does not actually mean 'this month' but should be rather soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭lukin

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Unless you are on one of these the salesman lied, amazing it still happens in eircom especially with the fantastic regulation Comreg do for us.

Carrowroe Junction Sligo
    Coolaney Sligo
    Kish Waterford or Wicklow
    Maree Galway

If you are they told the truth, still does not actually mean 'this month' but should be rather soon.

On the site it's under the list "there are no plans to upgrade this exchange".

Find a good wireless service so. Mind you there are a few exchanges among the nearly 300 or so smaller ones where one hears persistent rumour of upgrades, Longwood in Meath is one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement