Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards ac team for the Dublin novice

• 27-09-2010 7:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭

Hi guys we are really hoping to get a team out for this. We had a great time last year and it would be nice to try and improve on our placing.
    It's short notice so sorry about that.
    If your up for it stick your name down on this thread.
    It's on the 3rd of October in the phoenix park.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Woddle wrote: »
    Hi guys we are really hoping to get a team out for this. We had a great time last year and it would be nice to try and improve on our placing.
    It's short notice so sorry about that.
    If your up for it stick your name down on this thread.
    It's on the 3rd of October in the phoenix park.

I would love to, but with the marathon on the Horizon and no pratcise running cross country, I don't think it would be a good idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭mithril

menoscemo wrote: »
    I would love to, but with the marathon on the Horizon and no pratcise running cross country, I don't think it would be a good idea.
    So would I, but I am away for the week-end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 576 ✭✭✭sarsfieldsrock

I'm around if required. Never ran 3k or cross country so no idea how I'll get on. Is there a seniors novice section for over 40's?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭chinguetti

I'm away in Cork doing Cork to Cobh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,541 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Sorry guys, would love to have run this, but it's just not a runner so soon after Berlin. Legs are not in any shape for running and definitely not in any shape for racing. When are the intermediates? Maybe It's the right time to start planning/recruiting for that race?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Sorry guys, would love to have run this, but it's just not a runner so soon after Berlin. Legs are not in any shape for running and definitely not in any shape for racing. When are the intermediates? Maybe It's the right time to start planning/recruiting for that race?

See my post in the all things BAC thread , Job going if you want it ;)

shels4ever wrote: »
    See my post in the all things BAC thread , Job going if you want it ;)
    i'm avoiding looking at that thread. You just bring me bad news. :)

i'm avoiding looking at that thread. You just bring me bad news. :)

ah go on you know you want to;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Is there any info on this race? Can't find anything on the AAI site.

Distance, eligibility etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

nerraw1111 wrote: »

http://www.dublinathletics.com/attachments/091_Dublin%20Novice%20Cross%20Country%20Entry%20Form%20&%20Information.pdf

This is where it was but I'm having problems with the site now.

• Advertisement

nerraw1111 wrote: »

Distance is 6k
    eligibility - you cant have won a basically any Dublin or nationl medal ever.

Woddles link seem to work now.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭RAL3

Won't be able to make this, running the Athlone 3/4 marathon that day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭Seres

i suppose it would be ok for me to run with the boards again at connacht novice and intermediate ?

Per the information on Woddle's link: "Entries close 19th September."
    Is it not too late?

mithril wrote: »
    Per the information on Woddle's link: "Entries close 19th September."
    Is it not too late?
    It would be too late but should be possible to get a late entry, need to know late tonight as I'll have to change my plan for the weekend if there is a team. Would need at least 4 people to run.

Seres wrote: »
    i suppose it would be ok for me to run with the boards again at connacht novice and intermediate ?

Once you have been registered and paid up for 2010 then there is no problem at all, maybe pm peckham to clarify .

According to this document the Dublin intermediates takes place on November 29th in Tymon Park. Who's up for it?

Is that the same xc race i did in Tymon Park last year where the swans where having fun in the lakes of water that were around the course? God, it was a right slog in terrible conditions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 576 ✭✭✭sarsfieldsrock

Anyone know what the story with this is now?
    There doesn't seem to have been a massive show of interest for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Anyone know what the story with this is now?
    There doesn't seem to have been a massive show of interest for this.

I think it's a no go at this stage, it was very short notice but I like krustys idea of targeting the intermediates and yep chinguetti thats the same race as last year :D
    After the weekend I'll change the thread title and we'll aim to get a team or 2 out for inters.

• Advertisement

chinguetti wrote: »
    Is that the same xc race i did in Tymon Park last year where the swans where having fun in the lakes of water that were around the course? God, it was a right slog in terrible conditions.
    The very same. Splish, splash, splush!

Woddle wrote: »
    I think it's a no go at this stage, it was very short notice but I like krustys idea of targeting the intermediates and yep chinguetti thats the same race as last year :D
    After the weekend I'll change the thread title and we'll aim to get a team or 2 out for inters.
    Grand will do my long run Sat and then just pop along to watch the Novice on Sunday with a few easy recovery miles :)

According to this document the Dublin intermediates takes place on November 29th in Tymon Park. Who's up for it?
    I am torn between running the Florence Marathon in the italian sun and running around a cold, muddy field in Tallaght.

mithril wrote: »
    I am torn between running the Florence Marathon in the italian sun and running around a cold, muddy field in Tallaght.
    Hmm... Florence marathon isn't on your list..
    Cross country, on the the other hand....

Hmm... Florence marathon isn't on your list..
    Cross country, on the the other hand....
    I am planning to do the BHAA X-Cross race on the 9th, (at tempo run pace), so will already have nailed that item on the list.

http://bhaa.ie/evlist/event.php?eid=20100410145609954

The very same. Splish, splash, splush!

Ah that was a great day, arrived to the car park and couldnt get out of the car due to a flood and that was as dry as it got... If it wasnt for woddle and his pink umbrella they day wouldn't have been funny.

But its not too bad a course at all if conditions are good.

Oh yeah it was fun alright, the driving wind and rain, the puddles where the swans were living in so they had to move the course and the inability to have any grip on any section of the course. How no one had to pulled out of the place was a miracle.

Woddle and the pink umbrella down the bottom of the hill i had forgotten that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭El Director

Pity there will be no boards team at this tomorrow. I'll be running with Liffey Valley myself, my first XC race and really looking forward to it. I am making XC a priority this winter, I am hoping it helps make me a stronger runner for next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭El Director

Really enjoyed my first XC race. It's certainly a different animal to road races. A lot of jostling at the start, being a narrow course I went out hard at the start so as not to get caught in the bottle neck. Was going well but the last 500m was a real struggle, just need to build the running fitness, very competitive and highly intensive stuff-loved it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement