Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sweating when i sleep.

Options
  • 27-09-2010 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭

Every few nights i wake up drownded in sweat. I mean to say I cant even go back to sleep in the bed because it is so wet. I though it might have to do with drinking alcohol at the weekend but i stopped drinking at weekends and its still the same?

This only started in the last two months or so and its starting to freak me out because its not healthy. My room is not warm at all so its not got to do with temperature etc.

Any ideas or thoughts on the matter welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Sinall

I would mention this to the doctor just to be on the safe side. Also try to make sure your duvet/sheets are as 'natural' as possible, eg higher percentage of cotton materials as opposed to synthetic ones. I think synthetic fibres are more likely to affect your body temperature whereas cotton will help to keep you cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭locteau

Funny I have the same problem, and actually discussed it with my doctor.

There is many people who actually sweat a lot at night, it is a body temperature regulation process. It also can be a hormonal problem and can also be the way your body excrete some metals or chemicals quicker than by urine.

When I was a kid I sweat so much than I my mattress made of sponge was so wet than it actually became moldy. My parents thought I had a another problem at the time :D

What made a change was as the above post, the material was not breathable enough. My dad drilled holes in the mattress and the bottom of the bed. which helped a lot.

My personal advice is simply because you can't regulate or change who you are at the moment, would be to look at over ventilating your body with light quilt material, but warm enough..... I mean just more breathable to help your body to cool down quicker.

It's a bit like an engine over heating ! It works for me and avoid medical treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

locteau wrote: »
    Funny I have the same problem, and actually discussed it with my doctor.

There is many people who actually sweat a lot at night, it is a body temperature regulation process. It also can be a hormonal problem and can also be the way your body excrete some metals or chemicals quicker than by urine.

When I was a kid I sweat so much than I my mattress made of sponge was so wet than it actually became moldy. My parents thought I had a another problem at the time :D

What made a change was as the above post, the material was not breathable enough. My dad drilled holes in the mattress and the bottom of the bed. which helped a lot.

My personal advice is simply because you can't regulate or change who you are at the moment, would be to look at over ventilating your body with light quilt material, but warm enough..... I mean just more breathable to help your body to cool down quicker.

It's a bit like an engine over heating ! It works for me and avoid medical treatment.
    Boards to the rescue once again, followed your advice and drilled a few holes in the mattress. Also switched the sheets for lighter ones.

Had a great nights sleep the last two nights as a result!

Thanks again for the advice I was getting very worried over the incident!

Advertisement