Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else not getting e-mails?

Options
  • 27-09-2010 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if UCD Connect is going all medieval on incoming mail.

I joined a whole heap of societies - just a pragmatism to keep all doors open.

Only received e-mail from filmsoc so far.

Is my base of communications compromised? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 LauraLuck

Im the same, i have a hotmail account and for some reason hotmail bounce back any emails from a ucd account.Have tried to get it sorted with hotmail but they have just told me that hotmail doesnt recognise ucd email accounts or some other nonsense.I missed a lot of emails, started a yahoo account but none of societies have that account for me.I heard there were things on this evening with some societies but only found out when i got home.
    How can I get this sorted, dont wanna miss everthing else.
    Have checked my ucdconnect email but have only a message from film soc.Do the societies send emails to both your ucdconnect and the email addy you signed up with??
    Hmmm.....:confused:

I'm the same. Just received the filmsoc emails so far, but that's the only soc where I put my email in myself. I'm guessing the ones that you wrote the email on to paper will take a bit longer to get all the emails onto their database - either that or they've misread my writing.

Gamesoc have a site with their updates, and the bigger socs seem to have posters up for their bigger events so it's not much of a problem. Hopefully the "Whats on in UCD this week" thread picks up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Maybe they haven't sent any e-mails yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Maybe they haven't sent any e-mails yet?

No - they definitely have sent out the e-mails.

Finally got a forwarded forwarded ELS e-mail (that was sent on Sunday) :confused:

Has anybody got the e-mail address of the L&H, Q-soc, Chem soc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

No - they definitely have sent out the e-mails.

Finally got a forwarded forwarded ELS e-mail (that was sent on Sunday) :confused:

It's possible you just have really shit hand writing, and that's why you've gotten no emails. Though I think Gamesoc at least haven't gotten theirs out, since a bunch of people I know haven't received the newsletter yet. Though Sci-fi and Mathsoc have, if you joined them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Raphael wrote: »
    It's possible you just have really shit hand writing, and that's why you've gotten no emails.

Perhaps - but I always take extra care when writing e-mail addresses (and phone nos). :confused:

And kudos on the resizing of your text to bypass the automatic censorship of expletives ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I try =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

the only socs that have emailed me are volleyball and spanish soc, and i joined loads more...c&e, l&h, comedy soc.... Nothing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

muffinz wrote: »
    the only socs that have emailed me are volleyball and spanish soc, and i joined loads more...c&e, l&h, comedy soc.... Nothing!

L&H, C&E etc are pretty big societies and you'l likely only hear from them about bigger events over the year, if you hear from them at all. They'll organise bigger events that large numbers will go to. For friend making, the smaller societies will be your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Finally got a forwarded forwarded ELS e-mail (that was sent on Sunday)

Chem Soc didn't send any emails last year and I don't expect they'll change. They do however update their Facebook, so that's the only way you'll know about their events.

I joined ELS too but heard nothing from them. Anyone know if they have a webpage somewhere? Or if they do send out emails?!

• Advertisement
Advertisement