Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dermot & Dave vs Ben Murray.

• 27-09-2010 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

I know who my money is on in the next JNLR book. Would not normally listen to the commercial stations during the day, but it has to be said that Dermot & Dave really are so funny on air. They even make the ad break's funny with their own spin on some ad's. You really can tell how much work is going into their show.
    I find Ben Murray bland and dry, actually just downright boring in fact. I think the show has gone down hill so much since Mark has moved to breakfast.

Guess it really is a no brainer who will be winning the figure's in the next book.

Good luck Ben. I reckon you will need it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Couldn't agree more Buddy. Ben is very dull, dry and speaks as if he just isn't bothered. Can't stand him.

Dermot & Dave are pure class, funny, they have good chemistry and the sketches are gas too. They're better on afternoons than on mornings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,617 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Ben Murray is just there as a dj essentially. He reads out competitions and plays the music. Whereas Dermot and Dave embarrassingly try to be funny and play less music. You can't really compare the two.

98fm is hoping that the morning style format (sketches, chat and less music) will work in the evening rush hour slots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

Ben Murray is just there as a dj essentially. He reads out competitions and plays the music. Whereas Dermot and Dave embarrassingly try to be funny and play less music. You can't really compare the two.

98fm is hoping that the morning style format (sketches, chat and less music) will work in the evening rush hour slots.

Comparing the two drivetime options is exactly what the listeners will do. Mind you listeners might not pick either. Having listened to both I would probably go with 98FM, as its more entertaining. Murray is very much in the mold of mark noble, neither having much personality, I simply cant understand why fm104 cherry pick some components from Capital London's format and totally ignore other equally important components. If your links are going to be short and snappy and essentially always involve a sell, be it a competition, or another show on the station, you gotta sound enthusiastic about it, even if as a jock you dont feel it. Too often murray and noble sound like they are going through the motions of reading their links like they are reading the phone book, its dull radio, couple that, with playing 104 liners practically between every song (recently dropped from Capital's format) its no wonder they are third place in dublin. Chaps, have a listen to roberto or the bassman on capital London's lineup for a masterclass in pithy enthusiastic hot hits radio links.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Mega Buddy

Oh but the two will be compared and especially when it comes to the JNLRs. At least Mark Noble sounded like he wanted to be there where as Ben sounds like he has been dragged into the studio to do a show. He really does sound bland, bored and like he just could not be arsed putting any effort in.

Will be interesting to see how the books fair over the next twelve to eighteen months.

I personally think that Dermot and Dave are going to wipe the floor with him when it comes to the JLNRs.

Advertisement