Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Needs YOU - Journo Team Season 10

Options
  • 27-09-2010 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys and gals,

It's that time of the season when a journo gets elected and looks for journo volunteers.

How it works

The world of Irish BR is far too big for one person to cover to the extent it deserves, but a lot of hands make light work. Responsibilities are divided up, based on your interests (if you commit) and if there are any shortfalls I try my best to make them up. We have an Irish magazine site http://www.brirelandzine.com where journos can sign up and create their own profile. Journos then post up their articles, I take a quick look and edit anything they might have missed and we publish. Then I throw up a short summary on the BR site informing people of the article.

Positions we need filled
    National Team Correspondent
    U20s Correspondent
    Premiership (Div I) Correspondent
    Div II Correspondent (x2)
    Div III Correspondent ( x4)
    Div IV Correspondent (as many as we can handle)
    Yoda (to handle writing tutorials for all the newbies)

So if you're interested please post below. I'll say at this point that you should be genuinely interested in writing. We try our best to make sure nobody has too much on their plate, so when people say they'll do something and then disappear, well, that's just not cricket.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Any takers, we need to get going on this quite soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Sorry boss, Leaving Cert, Rugby, Gaelic. I barely have enough time to play the game let alone do some journalism. Hope you get some responses

Oisinjm wrote: »
    Sorry boss, Leaving Cert, Rugby, Gaelic. I barely have enough time to play the game let alone do some journalism. Hope you get some responses

No worries Ois, best of luck in the aul Cert... though it's months and months away... CAO filling out fun... mocks... yeowch.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 shanekoaks

Hi mate. I'm newish to Blackout, but i'd be interested in giving you a hand in Div III. I was once upon a time, editor of my school magazine (irrelevant) :P

I do write witty newsletters for my Fantasy Football League which do get occasional praise, so i'd love to give this a go!

Regards, Shane

shanekoaks wrote: »
    Hi mate. I'm newish to Blackout, but i'd be interested in giving you a hand in Div III. I was once upon a time, editor of my school magazine (irrelevant) :P

I do write witty newsletters for my Fantasy Football League which do get occasional praise, so i'd love to give this a go!

Regards, Shane

Witty newsletters sounds perfectly appropriate for this lark, welcome on board. Send me an aul in-game mail if you would so I have your manager/team ID etc, and I'll send you some details of exactly how we roll.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Blah Blah Blah

I'm happy enough to continue with the U20s as I have plenty of time ATM

ajeffares wrote: »
    I'm happy enough to continue with the U20s as I have plenty of time ATM

Excellent, I was hoping you'd say that! :)

Really need a division 2 guy with Keogh's departure.

Currently have a Div 1 guy and 2 for Div III.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Excellent, I was hoping you'd say that! :)

Really need a division 2 guy with Keogh's departure.

Currently have a Div 1 guy and 2 for Div III.

And the Interview is done and its a good one

The team so far -

Keogh (Cill Dara, NT) will give regular reports on the NT (we still need an objective voice to review matches etc.)
    Satory (Beltra RFC) will start work on Div II.
    Ajeffares (Geraldine RFC) will continue and improve on his excellent U20s coverage.
    Skellyoaks (Tuam Stars) will start work on Div 3.
    Caladras (Ulster Rangers) will be commenting on Div 1.

More writers welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

I'll help with Div IV if that's any good.... all newish to me so happy to start with the basics!

• Advertisement

I'll help with Div IV if that's any good.... all newish to me so happy to start with the basics!

Did you get relegated?!

Kinda would prefer if you were up for tackling a 1/3rd of Div III ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Did you get relegated?!

Kinda would prefer if you were up for tackling a 1/3rd of Div III ?

Oh ye of little faith! Am still in Div III but thought it might be a conflict of interest.... will do Div III if you prefer but obvisouly can't do a write up on my own magnificent 15 lol.

Let me know which Leagues you want me to do and I'll copy the format you've already done. Are you happy to get them league by league?

Oh ye of little faith! Am still in Div III but thought it might be a conflict of interest.... will do Div III if you prefer but obvisouly can't do a write up on my own magnificent 15 lol.

Let me know which Leagues you want me to do and I'll copy the format you've already done. Are you happy to get them league by league?

Yeah, I was pretty sure I remember seeing you on a promotion playoff, nevermind a relegation one, ya scamp!
    Ah yeah, we split up the leagues so we don't have to report on each other.

I'll mail ya with details soooon.

Division 3 is divided up a lil something like this...

Skellyoaks: 1,4,7,10,13
    Fewcifur:2,5,8,11,14,16
    Dreamer_ire:3,6,9,12,15

So now you know who to biiiiiiitch at when you don't get coverage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

DiV III.14 first please as it got nothing last year! (and there's no need to comment how I have been caught cold in the first two games!! my excuse is I had to set them 2 weeks in advance as was away and shipped a few injuries and things and so on... setting 8 matches in advance is tough guessing energy levels!):pac:

eoferrall wrote: »
    DiV III.14 first please as it got nothing last year! (and there's no need to comment how I have been caught cold in the first two games!! my excuse is I had to set them 2 weeks in advance as was away and shipped a few injuries and things and so on... setting 8 matches in advance is tough guessing energy levels!):pac:

Gotsta call it as I see it...

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

Good stuff, look forward to seeing how you call 16 now. Not the obvious choice of last season there.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Gotsta call it as I see it...

:D

:o:(

I'm happy to announce that Bobarena has taken on the role of chief Div IV commentator. God speed young Bob, god speed.

Advertisement