Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Preparation for getting a good tan?

• 27-09-2010 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

I'm going on holidays to the sun in a few weeks. I really want to try to get a tan if I can. I'm kinda fair skinned, I don't really burn but it just takes me ages and ages to get a tan, so I want to try to prepare myself as best as possible before I go away. I'll probably do a few sunbeds ebfore I go but I was told about some vitimins you can take, Beta Carotene - which essentially makes you tan more easily. Anyone know if this is recommended or anything similar?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭bensonx

yeah ive heard alright things about them but my opinion is that your already putting yourself at a minor risk why ake tablets aswell? lets face it we dont have a clue what goes into them really, now im not against sunbeds at all but i dpo think youd be better off using a tan accelerator cream instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

I saw this today in penneys, I have no idea how much it cost or even if it's any good but it might be worth a look!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Hmmm... that looks interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭omen80

Vitamin A. Good foods with vitamin A include carrots, tomatoes, eggs and watermelon. Stay off the vitamin C - apparently this inhibits tanning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Tayla wrote: »
    I saw this today in penneys, I have no idea how much it cost or even if it's any good but it might be worth a look!

As far as I know all the Nivea suncream is €6 :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 smiler1990

I always take "tan tablets" from Holland & Barrett about a week before I go on holiday and then throughout the holiday aswell.... Think they're about €8 for a bottle! Always end up with a nice tan and I'd be the same as you quite fair and dont tan very easily! I still use sun cream of course though! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Im using a Lancaster body lotion that you are supposed to use three weeks before your holidays to help with cellulite and also boost your melanin. Think its called sunslim or something - was reduced from €40 to €12 in the Debenhams sale so said Id give it a go!

Advertisement