Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice for long board needed

Options
  • 27-09-2010 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Heya lads,
    I feel I'm finally graduating from my foamy and am thinking of getting a long board. I'm 5 10 just few questions 1. any particular make of board anyone can recommend? 2. what length of board should i go for? 3. were would be the best place to buy here or import it? 4.what sort of money should i expect to pay want to kind of middle of the road

any advice or info would be much appreciated cheers

ps do you think a long board is the route to go or should i get a nsp or something along those lines

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭OldGuysRule

Ask yourself the question; what type of surfing do you want to do? Longboarding itself is different to but wiggling, short boarding. Can you stand comfortably on the board, trim it a bit?

If you have had lessons, maybe have a chat with the instructors. See if you can try out a mates board. It is a big enough commitment to go buy your first board, and it is worth thinking about where you want to go in surfing.

As to the last question, longboard generally refers to any board over 9 ft, NSP is a brand and make boards of all lengths. Worth reading through some ofthe threads on here over the past month or so to get a flavour of others who are looking to get boards etc.

Advertisement