Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch UFO Extraterrestrial Disclosure Press conference 2010

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,315 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Must be good for you I suppose. You can let your imagination run wild safe in the knowledge that you won't have to prove any of it.....go ahead....knock yourself out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

namloc1980 wrote: »
    What's stopping the aliens from revealing themselves?

Why does a shark sh1t in the sea?

As for your question, any number of reasons.....

1) They've tiny todgers

2) They're not that type

3) They don't have any sexual organs to show off

4) Heavy fines from the Galactic Federation

5) It's not worth the effort

In other words, we're not aliens so we don't know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭TalkieWalkie

Must be good for you I suppose. You can let your imagination run wild safe in the knowledge that you won't have to prove any of it.....go ahead....knock yourself out!

You know me so well, i think i'm falling in love with you:pac:

You know me so well, i think i'm falling in love with you:pac:

Let's runaway to the Galactic Fed!! It'll be so much fun.

uprising2 wrote: »
    Why does a shark sh1t in the sea?

As for your question, any number of reasons.....

1) They've tiny todgers

2) They're not that type

3) They don't have any sexual organs to show off

4) Heavy fines from the Galactic Federation

5) It's not worth the effort

In other words, we're not aliens so we don't know.

You're such a weirdo ;):D

• Advertisement

Actually, I'm already there, we don't use legs :)

Wanna 3some??;)

Not with me, you can have your man below, he swallows!.

I'll have the sister, Talkie you do whatever you want with the oul'one.

Actually, I'm already there, we don't use legs :)

Cool. See ya there.

Cool. See ya there.

I doubt you'll ever wake up, but see ya there if ya do :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

If I may interrupt the 3-way for a moment.....

I think that a lot of people are being fooled here in ways that they don't suspect. UFOs (as aliens) have become a huge part of our popular culture. To take the States as an example, a huge proportion of the population now believe in ufos. Maybe this is deliberate and encouraged by the US government. And I don't mean for the purposes of disguising military aeronautical research.

Most of us here have read Orwell's 1984. We know that the author described a totalitarian society and one of the means of control was an enemy (real or not isn't revealed regarding Goldberg) who represented a threat and freedoms had to be curtailed to fight this enemy. The US has been quite fortunate over the last few years to have had Usama, Saddam and Mahmoud Ahmadinijad to act crazy on camera and threaten the western way of life.

The thing is these guys aren't all that scary. If the west needed a bogeyman, what would be scarier than aliens along the lines of V? It wouldn't surprise me if in the future that aliens will be the excuse used by governments to curtail personal freedoms. All that's needed is for enough people to believe that they are regularly visiting us. They've already got names for the various federations for fecks sake!

It's ironic. It's the people who believe in aliens visiting us, thinking that they know some secret truth, who will be most necessary to governments in enslaving us further.

• Advertisement

If I may interrupt the 3-way for a moment.....

I think that a lot of people are being fooled here in ways that they don't suspect. UFOs (as aliens) have become a huge part of our popular culture. To take the States as an example, a huge proportion of the population now believe in ufos. Maybe this is deliberate and encouraged by the US government. And I don't mean for the purposes of disguising military aeronautical research.

Most of us here have read Orwell's 1984. We know that the author described a totalitarian society and one of the means of control was an enemy (real or not isn't revealed regarding Goldberg) who represented a threat and freedoms had to be curtailed to fight this enemy. The US has been quite fortunate over the last few years to have had Usama, Saddam and Mahmoud Ahmadinijad to act crazy on camera and threaten the western way of life.

The thing is these guys aren't all that scary. If the west needed a bogeyman, what would be scarier than aliens along the lines of V? It wouldn't surprise me if in the future that aliens will be the excuse used by governments to curtail personal freedoms. All that's needed is for enough people to believe that they are regularly visiting us. They've already got names for the various federations for fecks sake!

It's ironic. It's the people who believe in aliens visiting us, thinking that they know some secret truth, who will be most necessary to governments in enslaving us further.

To be quite honest Mc, I don't believe in aliens, I believe they are being hyped up by govt's with an agenda. Remember reading something somewhere about a supposed false contact with ufo's, holograms, like the moon landings, 9/11 etc, but better, whether true or not I don't know.
    Having said that I have no explanation to some of the ancient alien stuff and never really fully accepted or rejected it

EDIT:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055901218

Sorry Talkie forgot I read it from your thread, the medication is messing with my brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

To be quite honest Mc, I don't believe in aliens, I believe they are being hyped up by govt's with an agenda. Remember reading something somewhere about a supposed false contact with ufo's, holograms, like the moon landings, 9/11 etc, but better, whether true or not I don't know.
    Having said that I have no explanation to some of the ancient alien stuff and never really fully accepted or rejected it

I don't see any reason why they couldn't exist. I don't see why the processes which created life here can't happen elsewhere and I'd also expect evolution by natural selection to apply on any planet where life could form (google abiogenesis and self-replicating molecules), thus leading to advanced civilisations. I don't see what's unique about the earth.

On the other hand, I don't think that we have been visited. It's not impossible, but there isn't any solid evidence for a visit yet. And even if there was, it would be buried under a mountain of charlatans, bad science and the mentally disturbed. I don't think that egyptians, mayans, incas, sumerians or any of the ancient civilisations were visited but I could be convinced by good evidence. A piece of technology entombed with a king for example. Tutencamun holding a death ray :pac:.

These day's however, belief in technologically-advance extraterrestrial life visiting us is so widespread that it's mainstream that I can imagine it being exploited by our leaders for their own benefit which is usually at odds with our own. Again, I want to stress that, in my opinion, there is no reason to think that advanced life can't happen in other parts of our galaxy. I just think that the energy requirements to move a space craft over vast distances and the ability to select one planet among many to visit just make it very very difficult (but not impossible;)).

I don't see any reason why they couldn't exist. I don't see why the processes which created life here can't happen elsewhere and I'd also expect evolution by natural selection to apply on any planet where life could form (google abiogenesis and self-replicating molecules), thus leading to advanced civilisations. I don't see what's unique about the earth.

On the other hand, I don't think that we have been visited. It's not impossible, but there isn't any solid evidence for a visit yet. And even if there was, it would be buried under a mountain of charlatans, bad science and the mentally disturbed. I don't think that egyptians, mayans, incas, sumerians or any of the ancient civilisations were visited but I could be convinced by good evidence. A piece of technology entombed with a king for example. Tutencamun holding a death ray :pac:.

These day's however, belief in technologically-advance extraterrestrial life visiting us is so widespread that it's mainstream that I can imagine it being exploited by our leaders for their own benefit which is usually at odds with our own. Again, I want to stress that, in my opinion, there is no reason to think that advanced life can't happen in other parts of our galaxy. I just think that the energy requirements to move a space craft over vast distances and the ability to select one planet among many to visit just make it very very difficult (but not impossible;)).

In the same breath, there is no reason to dis believe that we are in total control of another species. Look at a goldfish or example, it just swims and swims around in circles in a bowl, any other ideas is outside it's realm of it's acknowledgement.

We think were so clever... "SCIENCE", I hear a lot of folk talk about lol, what is that ? Something that was introduced to you, to keep you from realisation.

I don't consider myself a huge alien hugger either. I have read a lot into many things but my beliefs rely on personal experience, that, and instinct.

This thread reminds me of a song I wrote.

Did I tell you about a dream I had
    I was dancing through the stars with a girl from mars
    All lifes mysteries were revealed to me
    Fell on my head from an apple tree
    Just then it occured to me
    Science fiction is reality

Too much fact, Not enough fiction
    As we spin closer to extinction
    All this life and everything we see
    Is it real or fantasy

We're in a place where the germs wear capes
    And visitors from outerspace
    Deepfreeze your body just incase
    And the desperate race to take war to space
    While what's below is a big disgrace

What if we are just a higher beings school project
    Trying to impress it's class
    With what it made from gas
    Darwins theory from its ass

This thread reminds me of a song I wrote.

Did I tell you about a dream I had
    I was dancing through the stars with a girl from mars
    All lifes mysteries were revealed to me
    Fell on my head from an apple tree
    Just then it occured to me
    Science fiction is reality

Too much fact, Not enough fiction
    As we spin closer to extinction
    All this life and everything we see
    Is it real or fantasy

We're in a place where the germs wear capes
    And visitors from outerspace