Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

niggling shoes

• 27-09-2010 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭

howdy all,

hello to all as this is my first posting. I recently changed my bike from a merida road race to a paganini ultimate carbon which i think is the business. The previous bike had spd pedals & the new one has the 'other' ones with the cleat etc. (whats the name of em). Anyway I bought a new pair of northwave beauties, which are fully carbon & all the jazz. The right one is perfect fitting * not a bother but the left one is a nightmare. The tongue has been digging into my foot on the top & causing serious problems & sometimes have to stop to give it a break, other times its ok. I cut the tongue off but only down to a certain point but again sometimes gives me grief.

Everybody i have said this to has replied ' ah never heard of that one before'. My question is if anybody on this has any experience of this. I would apprecaiate your replies.

ta

d

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭fishfoodie

howdy all,

hello to all as this is my first posting. I recently changed my bike from a merida road race to a paganini ultimate carbon which i think is the business. The previous bike had spd pedals & the new one has the 'other' ones with the cleat etc. (whats the name of em). Anyway I bought a new pair of northwave beauties, which are fully carbon & all the jazz. The right one is perfect fitting * not a bother but the left one is a nightmare. The tongue has been digging into my foot on the top & causing serious problems & sometimes have to stop to give it a break, other times its ok. I cut the tongue off but only down to a certain point but again sometimes gives me grief.

Everybody i have said this to has replied ' ah never heard of that one before'. My question is if anybody on this has any experience of this. I would apprecaiate your replies.

ta

d

Bad news I'm afraid... It sounds like you have two different
    Size feet !

We all do of course, but most people are lucky enough to have their feet fit inside the range of a single size. First stop is probably a proper shoe shop to confirm the sizes of both your feet, not just one.

The good news is that different manufacturers will give you more play within a given size, so you need to try on a lot of shoes, or else start buying two pairs of shoes, one for right & one for lefty. :(

Advertisement