Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what to do.. what to do?

Options
  • 27-09-2010 11:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

So, my name is Jason and I'm from Boston. I'm here in cork city for 2 weeks. In my mid-twenties and just wondering if people have any suggestions on things to do, especially friday/saturday night.... I like to go out and have a good time, it's just not always the funnest when you're traveling abroad alone...

Any suggestions on bars/clubs that I could go to where being alone wouldn't suck completely?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Hellod welcome to Cork...MM depends really what kind of thing you are into...What kind of music etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 jhags

I enjoy all types of music from rock/alternative/punk/hiphop.. and im being honest, I do listen to all types of music frequently... (minus american country music.. cant stand it)

Just looking for a spot to go preferably within walking distance from the Jury's hotel, but a short taxi ride is fine too.... I went out to walk around the city center last night and ended up at Clancy's on (I believe) Princes st.. it was a nice little place with good food, but there were only about 6 people in the entire place, so quite lonely.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭m2wua0ox56iz93

This post has been deleted.

figmurphy: thanks! that makes a lot of sense, actually... I am traveling here on business and happen to be staying in a very nice hotel, which is nice, but the people are very snobbish, and I am just looking for a relaxing place to hang out and have a few drinks.

I'll check out the places you listed....

thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

There is also a sort of mini Oktoberfest going on this week and weekend that might let you mingle more. I have no idea what it is going to be like but it might be a way to meet people.

http://www.oktoberfestbeag.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭m2wua0ox56iz93

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

jujibee wrote: »
    There is also a sort of mini Oktoberfest going on this week and weekend that might let you mingle more. I have no idea what it is going to be like but it might be a way to meet people.

http://www.oktoberfestbeag.ie/

I was at this Sunday. Best night out in years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Come to a Boards meet up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

tommy21 wrote: »
    Come to a Boards meet up!

I second this, there is likely a bunch of us going bowling (With a few beers after) next week.

Come along!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

I would have thought the Mutton Lane might a good one to go to? It is on St Patrick's street down a very short lane (hence Mutton Lane) near Burger King. It's normally busy.

http://www.ratemypub.ie/pub.php?county=Cork&pub=Mutton-Lane-Ltd

• Advertisement

oeb wrote: »
    I second this, there is likely a bunch of us going bowling (With a few beers after) next week.

Come along!

Sounds good! Let me know the date/time/location and i'll stop in for a bit.

thanks!!

Advertisement