Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats the best of these 3 ps3 games

Options
  • 27-09-2010 11:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭

1.batman arkham asylum
    2.Infamous
    3.Uncharted 2

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,440 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Uncharted 2 but you wouldn't be disappointed with Arkham either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

+1 to Uncharted 2.

Not to be awkward though but play Uncharted 1 first if you haven't already. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Not played inFamous but would go with Batman.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

gizmo wrote: »
    Not to be awkward though but play Uncharted 1 first if you haven't already. :)

I thought the sequel was supposed to be an all round better game. Something about the enemies being less 'bullet-spongy". The story from the first game must be really something.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Fnz wrote: »
    I thought the sequel was supposed to be an all round better game. Something about the enemies being less 'bullet-spongy". The story from the first game must be really something.
    Yea, UC2 is definitely a tighter game all around but the story and, more importantly, the characters in the first game are why I'd make the recommendation. That and the fact it's never good to play the latter games in a series first and then go back and play the earlier ones imo.

Personally speaking, I played UC1 and UC2 back to back for the first time a couple of months ago and absolutely loved every minute of it, hence the recommendation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

1.batman arkham asylum
    2.Infamous
    3.Uncharted 2

All top-notch games IMO and well worth playing, though, if pushed my order of preference would be:

1. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
    2. Batman: Arkham Asylum
    3. Infamous

You should be able to find all of them relatively cheap online or second-hand.

Like gizmo, I would recommend you play Uncharted: Drake's Fortune first if possible. Not only is it a fantastic game on its own, but Uncharted 2 seems almost more impressive when you know what came before.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,786 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Agree with everyone saying UC2, but best if you play UC1 first. Batman is also a fantastic game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Yeah I'd say UC2 too.

But don't dismiss the others from your "to play" list. They're all quality games.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭fasty

1) Uncharted 2
    2) Demon's Souls
    3) Wipeout HD

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I found Uncharted 1 to be gorgeous but annoying; Uncharted 2 is a polished masterpiece though. I know others who were put off uncharted as a franchise by the clunkiness of UC1. Just constant triggering of ambushes and getting sniped...

I'm a huge Batman fan, and AA is excellent, so I'm gonna say Batman > Uncharted 2 > Infamous.

• Advertisement
Advertisement