Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anything in waterford to do for newcomers?

• 27-09-2010 11:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭

AS the title states is there any clubs etc to join or stuff to do in waterford especially to meet people as i dnt know anyone down here?

Thanks. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Plenty depending on your interests :)
    Anything in particular you're looking for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭xkariex

Don't mind really i love doing new things and learning so open to anything :)
    I havent seen much advertised, saw kickboxing alrite may sign up for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Winter league is a great way of meeting people if you're up for exercise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

Winter league is a great way of meeting people if you're up for exercise.

night owls soccer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

surfing in tramore good way to go. nice spot for beginners

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

bodybuilding! Or just join a gym.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Id recommend heading out the lads in Waterford Muay Thai. Great gym and guys out there
    http://www.waterfordmuaythai.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I was half thinking about setting up a cinema club thorugh the fourm here if there was an interest (basically go see a movie and have a drink after to talk about it)

I was involved in the one in the Cork City Fourm when I lived up there and was handy for a night out when ya don't know many people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

ziedth wrote: »
    I was half thinking about setting up a cinema club thorugh the fourm here if there was an interest (basically go see a movie and have a drink after to talk about it)

I was involved in the one in the Cork City Fourm when I lived up there and was handy for a night out when ya don't know many people.

I think that's a great idea Ziedth. I'm out of the habit of going to the cinema and something like this would be great to kickstart it again. It'd be a great addition to the forum for these kind of threads if it took off at all.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Think there's a cinema club in Dublin as well which was formed from boards they have a website and all,

they have a facebook page here http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=13875438418#!/group.php?gid=13875438418&v=wall

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Good few equestrian centres around too. Stonehaven is just outside the town and is fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭xkariex

What the winter sports ?

Yeah the cinema forum looks like a good idea :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

xkariex wrote: »
    What the winter sports ?

Yeah the cinema forum looks like a good idea :)

The Winter League is a running event run every week during the winter. I think a few of the lads on here do it so could probably give you the details if it's your sort of thing.

I'll start a thread regarding a cinema thing tomorrow.

Like ya said, it would be an option outside the usual for all these meeting new people threads outside of watching us plastered at the beers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭hellfireie

How about airsoft? the waterford team is Whiskey Delta http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/group.php?gid=169271705872&ref=ts , we will be doing a indoor CQB league in the six crossroads starting in oct, plus we host a game once a month on our site in dungarvan. we have guys a and girls on the senior team and we also have a young guns team for 14 to 16 year olds

http://www.whiskeydelta.net/

^ I'll second that for anyone interested, I went down before i put my back out and the lads are dead sound.

It's def worth a look.

Advertisement