Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

33 Bus

Options
  • 27-09-2010 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

I'm going to Immigration tomorrow and I'm planning on taking the 33 bus from Santry to Lower Abbey Street. The description of the stop I'd like to get off is:
    Bus Stop No. 292
    Lower Abbey Street, Irish Life Mall (Stop OX), Stop 292

Can anyone just confirm for me if the "Stop OX" part means anything like it only goes there at special times or something? I want be on the bus around 6am and get there at or before 7am.

Also, is Butt Bridge ok for pedestrians?

Thanks for the help, I'd at least like the journey there, if nothing else, to go smoothly! :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,312 ✭✭✭markpb

mSe265 wrote: »
    I'm going to Immigration tomorrow and I'm planning on taking the 33 bus from Santry to Lower Abbey Street.

You can also get the 41, 41c, 16 and 16a from Santry, depending on where you are. The 33 is very infrequent.

The 41s leave Swords at 06:00, 06:15 and 06:25 and get to Santry about 10 minutes later. Any of those will have you in the city centre in loads of time. There are some 33 departures that should get you there on time but it's harder to estimate how long they'll take to reach Santry.
    Can anyone just confirm for me if the "Stop OX" part means anything like it only goes there at special times or something? I want be on the bus around 6am and get there at or before 7am.

OX is just a name for the bus stop. All those buses above stop there all the time and the stop you're looking for is the end of the route so you won't miss it.

Yes, not a bother there. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 mSe265

Thanks so much! I usually get the 16 but it goes through Beaumont and it feels like forever so I wanted to try a new one, 41 or 33. Unfortunately didn't have time to try it out before this Immigration run, but tomorrow I might just grab whatever comes first! Thanks again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

The 33 and 41 last stop is generally on O'Connell Street just down from the Savoy cinema. Lower Abbey Street is a pick up stop only.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,429 ✭✭✭✭Victor

mSe265 wrote: »
    No, city centre bus stops have a two letter designation like on this: http://www.dublinbus.ie/Your-Journey1/City-Centre-Bus-Stops/

This map tells you exactly where the stop is http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/City-Centre-Bus-Stops/OConnell-Street-Bus-Stops/
    Mostly. Just use the east side (nearest the railway bridge) to use the pedestrain crossings as it can be busy with traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

immigration - is that the place on burgh quay ?

if so just get off the(any) bus on o'connell street*
    walk across o'connell bridge and cross to the opposite side of the road *
    you should now be outside "Q-Bar" - tall building with Heineken written along the side.
    turn left *
    walk along burgh quay for 1 minute(the liffey will be on your left hand side) *
    you are now at your destination

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Zarkandar

I need to get the 33 from Balbriggan back into Dublin City on Saturday night, last bus is at 11.30, can anyone tell me how long this bus takes to get back to the city at that time? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Please don't drag up old threads. Closed

Check out a-b.ie, the NTA Journey Planner, it should tell you all you need to know

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

According to the Dublin Bus Timetable the journey is scheduled to take 110 mins.

It may be a bit quicker due to the light traffic that you would have at that time on a Saturday night.

Mod note: In future - please don't drag up old irrelevant threads. Start a new one. ;)

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Oops! Mod note clash! :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement