Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microwave ovens

Options
  • 27-09-2010 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭

Hi, sorry of this is the wrong place for this, but I'm wondering of anyone has ever used one of those microwaves that claim to do the same job as a conventional oven. I'm considering renting a place that doesn't have a normal oven, but has what looks like a glorified microwave instead. Does anyone know of they are any good? Would they be capable of roasting a potato? Or a chicken? Or both at the same time? Or does it just amplify a normal microwave by heating things up till they are "cooked"?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

OH's parents have one, and they use it all the time, more than the conventional oven. Theirs can be set to use as either, and can take metal dishes too, as far as i remember it was pretty expensive. There's no difference in dishes done in the conventional oven and it, and it takes up far less space. The only thing is there are a few more settings than a regular microwave but its easy enought to get used to. His mum's roast pork in the Microwave oven is the best too!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,426 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I microwave oven is a regular microwave, you are thinking of a convection microwave (microwave and covection oven together)
    We have on in work and its fine.

Advertisement