Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using 3rd party pre-recorded fx sounds

Options
  • 27-09-2010 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭

I'm writing my first tune in ages and I'm having great fun with it. I want to add some fx to it and have downloaded some samples from the web and wanted to see what people generally thought about using samples such as these in your tunes? I'll obviously modify them (they're royalty free) but they could still be distinguishable for anyone who already has the sample.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

SuprSi wrote: »
    I'm writing my first tune in ages and I'm having great fun with it. I want to add some fx to it and have downloaded some samples from the web and wanted to see what people generally thought about using samples such as these in your tunes? I'll obviously modify them (they're royalty free) but they could still be distinguishable for anyone who already has the sample.

Just use whatever you think fits... sometimes handmade, sometimes not... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

im presuming your talking about big buildup noises and the likes.

no problem using them but you couls also try it yourself,youd be amazed with what you can come up with when you throw some delay,chorus and reverb on a sound

Advertisement