Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scrolling Message On Al Jazeera Sport Channels

• 27-09-2010 11:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭

Any Arabic understanding members care to translate the scrolling message on the bottom of all channels with the exception of +3.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭irishchris

yes mate noticed that tonight - on all jsc sports channels except 1 and 3. hope this is not a change in cards again as i only just got a new viaccess 4 jsc card last month!!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

The only things I can decipher are the numbers 50 and 40.

byte wrote: »
    The only things I can decipher are the numbers 50 and 40.

lol had "translated" that much myself mate :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,612 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

on their website too and I tried to put the site into google translate but it didnt translate

yes as it is an image google chrome will not translate either. mentions something bout 2010??? have feeling it is just something about pricing but who knows??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Maybe it is a message to say that they have leased a new transponder to greatly increase picture quality. LOL, no chance. I do hope to have it translated very soon though so will post here what it means if nobody else will.

This is what it means

"Special offer!!for a limited period, subscribe to Aljazeera sports channel for $50 for six months. Renew your subscription for $40 For another six months. This offer is inclusive of all Aljazeeera sports channels
    Hurry now the offer is valid till 15th Oct"

Nothing to be concerned about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,612 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    This is what it means

"Special offer!!for a limited period, subscribe to Aljazeera sports channel for $50 for six months. Renew your subscription for $40 For another six months. This offer is inclusive of all Aljazeeera sports channels

that's a good deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭slicedpanman

This is what it means

ditto... this is a pretty good deal - is this offer available somewhere online? I checked http://www.jsc-cards.com/ -> I can see a 6-month renewal for €60 for ch1-10 + HD1 + 3D + all espn but can't see any new package for 6 months...

ditto... this is a pretty good deal - is this offer available somewhere online? I checked http://www.jsc-cards.com/ -> I can see a 6-month renewal for €60 for ch1-10 + HD1 + 3D + all espn but can't see any new package for 6 months...

If only their full package was available on Hotbird. I would subscribe to the whole lot in a flash.

• Advertisement

If only their full package was available on Hotbird. I would subscribe to the whole lot in a flash.

ah... :rolleyes:, just realised that the HD/3D and ESPN stuff is only on Nilesat and on the middle-east beam at that

though they are selling 12 months for JSC 1 -> 10 for €120 (free delivery)

ah... :rolleyes:, just realised that the HD/3D and ESPN stuff is only on Nilesat and on the middle-east beam at that

though they are selling 12 months for JSC 1 -> 10 for €120 (free delivery)

Have you used that company before?

they actually sent me a mail bout 3/4 days ago with jsc 1-10 for 99 euro sale price.

Have you used that company before?

No, I've not used them before... I'm fairly sure that I got the URL off some previous posts in this forum

They are charging €25 for an upgrade to +9 and +10 which is pretty tempting as there seems to be some Champions League games ending up on there. I just want to know that they are trustworthy before buying.

They are charging €25 for an upgrade to +9 and +10 which is pretty tempting as there seems to be some Champions League games ending up on there. I just want to know that they are trustworthy before buying.

I checked out their CL schedule on LJs and noticed that they do spread out the games to make sure that you need +9 and +10 to be able to watch your choice of game.
    irishchris wrote: »
    they actually sent me a mail bout 3/4 days ago with jsc 1-10 for 99 euro sale price.

Hi irishchris - have you purchased from these guys before? (seeing as they are e-mailing you)

Hi irishchris - have you purchased from these guys before? (seeing as they are e-mailing you)

hi mate

no i went as far as checkout with them but never purchased in end as bought from trch digital but they have my email now and send offers. 25 to upgrade to 9 and 10 sounds good

I am wondering if they are independant to Al Jazeera. For example, my viewing card wont be disabled if I order +9 and +10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭tapfit2004

i also posted this on another site and will post any replies that i get there on here as well (helpful replies that is)

i managed to register my irdeto card on the "h**ps://sbs.aljazeerasport.net/SelfService/" site and got a password working to see that my card expired on 25/9/10.

i also see the message "Online renewal and packages service has been suspended"

i looked this up on other sites and didnt really get much info except that other people are seeing this as far back as august.

i'm wondering is this renewal canceled for everyone or just for me cos they copped i was using a proxy?

i'll probably just use jsc-cards.c*m to do it. its €90 for +1 to +10 for the year.

anyone get the same message or know why the renewal service is suspended?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

I have not seen the message on channels 1-8 on my Access card. I'm not sure about buying the 9 & 10 channels or HD, unless lots of Barcelona games end up on them.

Love my card though, PQ is grand and unlike other packages the majority of games have an English audio channel. Let's hope it stays that way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 305 ✭✭reaper180

got my viaccess card today working well on all channels +1-+8 so happy days here , ordered card on friday delivered today , pretty happy here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭tapfit2004

heres a piece of software that tells you when your card will expire and allows you to send an update signal as well. it redirects you to the jsc cards site but thats only if you try to update your card.

i was going to upload it but its 4.5mb zipped so here it is at this site:

h++p://aljazeer-cards.com/documents/JSC-CARDSV3.1.zip

Advertisement