Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

error trying to access cctv remotely

Options
  • 27-09-2010 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭

Hi im trying to get my cctv system to work remotely. have it set up with a static ip address and i have it working to a degree. I get to the log in screen but when it starts loading the java applet it gives the following error message. This is happening from within my network or from the internet. The cctv system is an edr1600 so the edrwatch would be a class relating to it. Im suspicous its something to do with my netopia routers set up. This happens even when the firewall is completely off.

Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21
    Using JRE version 1.6.0_21-b07 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
    User home directory = C:\Users\Me
    c: clear console window
    f: finalize objects on finalization queue
    g: garbage collect
    h: display this help message
    l: dump classloader list
    m: print memory usage
    o: trigger logging
    q: hide console
    r: reload policy configuration
    s: dump system and deployment properties
    t: dump thread list
    v: dump thread stack
    x: clear classloader cache
    0-5: set trace level to <n>

load: class EdrWatch.class not found.
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: EdrWatch.class
    at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass0(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadCode(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager.createApplet(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Caused by: java.io.IOException: open HTTP connection failed:http://MyStaticIpsAddress/EdrWatch/class.class
    at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.getBytes(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.access$000(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    ... 9 more
    Exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: EdrWatch.class

Anyone got any ideas id be delighted. Thanks for taking the time to read.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,339 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Balmed Out wrote: »
    Caused by: java.io.IOException: open HTTP connection failed:http://MyStaticIpsAddress/EdrWatch/class.class

Anyone got any ideas id be delighted. Thanks for taking the time to read.

Speculative, half-arsed guesses then:

That suggests it's trying to open a HTTP connection to the local machine. You mention the IP there, but not any port number. Is that static IP the public facing one, or your internal one? Does that address open in a web browser? Is it then that it gives the Java error?

What firmware version is it running? Is it later than the one available here:

ftp://208.50.31.200/Product%20Firmware%20Upgrades/EDR%201600/3.3/EDR1600V33/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Thanks for the reply. I have the cctv system runing from 192.168.1.100 with the router port forwarding to it on port 80. I can get past the router log in and the cctvs own log in from both the internet using the static ip and my own network using 192.168.1.100. It then starts loading the java applet and just as i would expect the camera display to appear i get the error whether accesing from the net or my own network. The cctv system, when i try to upgrade software responds that theres nothing newer available. If i set the cctv sysem to 192.168.1.254 then it all works perfectly but obviosly only from my own network.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭jamesd

Balmed Out wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. I have the cctv system runing from 192.168.1.100 with the router port forwarding to it on port 80. I can get past the router log in and the cctvs own log in from both the internet using the static ip and my own network using 192.168.1.100. It then starts loading the java applet and just as i would expect the camera display to appear i get the error whether accesing from the net or my own network. The cctv system, when i try to upgrade software responds that theres nothing newer available. If i set the cctv sysem to 192.168.1.254 then it all works perfectly but obviosly only from my own network.

Is the netopia 192.168.1.254?
    Can you do Nat on the netopia to the 192.168.1.100?
    I would focus on getting it working internally before even looking at it from outside.

i did get it working internally on 192.168.1.254. its when i set it up on 192.168.1.100 with the nat from the static ip that i get a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭jamesd

If you put the 192.168.1.100 onto the CCTV DVR
    Leave the router on 192.168.1.254

Then what happens when you browse to the DVR on 192.168.1.100 internally

If it works internally what you then need to do on the firewall rules on the netopia is setup a rule that fowards all incoming traffic on port 80 to the DVR address of 192.168.1.100 .

• Advertisement

no it wont work internally then, will only work internally on 198.168.1.254 but then obviously internet wont work as sharing ip address and wouldnt be able to set up the static port forwarding. just threw cctv onto the static and tried using ip passthrough but that didnt work either though not surprising as ive not used before.

Advertisement