Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm new around these parts

Options
  • 28-09-2010 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭

good evening gentlemen.

iv been playing ssf4 for about two and a half months now and have been referred here by one or two of you and seen it mentioned in a few bios as well.

I'm well aware the people here are much much better then me and i was wondering if anyone would be willing to play a few games with me and give me some feedback/constructive criticism.

il be on xbox for a while tonight or else just add me and inv when you see me on.

GT: cillianlawlor

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Add me to your friends list. Gamertag is Stavanger1.

When you add me we can have a few games some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Hey and welcome to the community :)

Don't worry about skill level, there are tonnes of guys here who play every evening-night on XBL and PSN (although more flock on XBL, so you're in luck ^^)

We mostly hang out on our IRC channel, that's where the chit chat and matchmaking is done

You can enter here (type in your user name and you'e good to go ^^)

http://streetfighter.ie/?page_id=116

As far as offline goes, we have casual meet ups in the Xtreme Gaming Centre (http://www.xtremeigc.com/)on Liffey Street, 3 or 4 times a week on average. There are always threads posted the day before so you will know when people are heading in ^^

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Hi Cillian, if I remember correctly, we had some good games..you play Abel right?

Welcome to the community.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Welcome Cillian, have come across you a few times aswell.
    Add me for a few games

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Welcome to the forum. Not trying to be nosy but are you living anywhere near dublin or limerick? Anyone here will tell you that the best way to improve and learn is to play in person offline. As Ramza said, there are regular meetups where we get together to play.

Obviously if you're not near these places then online is the next best thing! I think i might have played you online at some stage, i'll add you later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

animaX wrote: »
    i'll add you later.

Welcome, word of advice
    dont play the following online:

animax
    Doom [uses ajaryl]
    Cobelcog
    Bush

they all use turbo.

If you want to build up your confidence, add farzadq for easy wins!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Hey man,

I have no problem playing you and giving you a few hints.

ayjayirl is the xbl account. If you run into me and it's Ryu, it's my housemate you're playing.

Unless I am trying to mess with farzadq's head :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Hey there and welcome.

I've seen your gamertage in a few lobbies, I'm a Juri player who game is very much a work in progress.

Anyway, my gamertag is MCNHY if you fancy adding me or playing games sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Hey man, welcome to the china club!

GT is Burning Eclipse... I'm not the best, but I play a wide variety of characters (2 :o), and am always up for a game.

Misty, Azza, I must add you both...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Always nice to see the LIVE message spamming ad campaign practiced by the community paying off! =D
    I sent a friend request to you there - Sairus Illumina - I main Rose but fancy myself as at least semi capable with half the cast (the bad half) and I'm usually good for games when I'm online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Careful with Sairus, he has Cork Internet. :pac:

My internet's good now! I found a SF tourney that offered a better connection as a prize and secretly won it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Hello hello. I'll be jeering you about something at some point so welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

added a few azza list full and some problem with doom il try again later, my names gary by the way can't remember how i ended up with this GT but im not gonna pay to change it.

I tried a few characters when i first started but iv decided to main Fei Long, gutted that bbqchickenwings was already taken as a user name.

I see at least two of ye are in cork do ye play offline games there at any point? thats where i live.

mackg wrote: »
    added a few azza list full and some problem with doom il try again later, my names gary by the way can't remember how i ended up with this GT but im not gonna pay to change it.
    You can get around that by getting a certain amount of people to report your name as being offensive. LIVE will automatically force you to change your GT for free.
    Been a while since I heard anyone do that, so you may want to check it up first. =D

EDIT: Wait, no, dont do that. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100722183353AAIec1v
    mackg wrote: »
    I see at least two of ye are in cork do ye play offline games there at any point? thats where i live.
    And that's what I like to hear!
    I try and run casuals in my house when I can - we have 5-6 regulars - but it'll be a week or two before I can do that again. I also moved here with the intention of setting up tournaments, but have been dragging my heels for many months. Now that I have absoloutely no excuses again, I'm heading into town to check out another location for running one in a few minutes.

Sairus wrote: »
    to check out another location for running one in a few minutes.

Ah, that's pretty short notice now sairus. You need to be planning these things in advance ;)

animaX wrote: »
    Ah, that's pretty short notice now sairus, you need to be planning these things in advance ;)

But if I gave people any warning then good players might show up and that's not how I roll.

couple of people in my class are in the cit gaming society i could ask them about a suitable venue if you want. What do ya need to stage a tournament?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Gotta hand it to him, man knows what he's doing.

• Advertisement

That bastardin' CIT GameSoc never answered my emails! XD I was going to call out to the IT myself next week.
    All we'd need is a room with power outlets and tables. I can supply two 360s and monitors and if anyone else was willing to bring some equipment all the better. If CIT GamesSoc actually had equipment of their own it'd be fairly perfect.

yeah im friends with two of the people that run the soc on facebook so il get onto them, i live like a minute from cit as well and i got a 360 so, i could always join the soc not much they can do to stop it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭ogiekeaney

hey.yeah we've played a fair bit. ggs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

And come the second weekend of October, there's a regular competitive(ish) league in Limerick that ye are welcome to come to. Sairus, Matt were up a few times along with a couple of others on a once off...Good day out :D

🤪

Advertisement