Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First tattoo - Some questions - Suggestions welcome.

Options
  • 28-09-2010 1:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Okay first some background,

On the 11 of september this year, one of my closest friends died in a road accident aged only 18 after he returned to Poland to start college after living in Ireland after four years. I had been thinking of getting a tattoo before but never had good enough reason, now I want to get something to remember him by, he was a really close friend like a brother to me. Over the past year I'v been going out with his sister and have practicly lived with him spending countless days at their house.

Within the next month or two I'll be getting my first tattoo. I'm still looking up fonts and designs but the main concept I'll be going with is a polish coat of arms with some text around it.

Now for the questions,

Would the detail and quality of the below image be achievable in a 4x4 inch area on my upper back/shoulder blade (left) or would I have to go bigger.

23135339_52e4867193.jpg

Second question, anyone in Kilkenny know where Łukas is currently working. I specifically want to get this artist as he was the one who did my friends tattoo.

Suggestions time.

I want the following text to be incorporated into the tattoo,

spoczywaj w pokoju Michał (Rest in Peace Michał) (Above the Eagle)

Kocham cię Bracie (I love you brother) (Below)

Other possible text;

Dates: 28-07-1992 - 11-09-2010

What style text do you think would suit this peice?

Thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Lucas isn a great tattooist mate, if you really want to do your tattoo justice go to someone better.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Dave_Kilkenny

Well I've seen two peices of his work a biomech peice on my friend and a dragon on his father both look like fantastic peices.
    Also it seems only fitting I'd get him to do it for me. Although If I see hear anything to horrific Im not going to be obnoxious about it.

Also where is he working now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Last i heard up in loughbhoy shopping center. Second floor across from super value, should be a banner with his number on it if he's not there

If you choose not to go with him i can't reccomend Robert in Dark Raptor enough.

Advertisement