Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which of these GTX 460

Options
  • 28-09-2010 3:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Can you help me out which i should choose

Gigabyte 460gtx(1mb) from pix
    or
    EVGA 460gtx(1mb) from HWVS.

No worries about the shipping as i'm gonna side order it from a friend who would be ordering other things so no shipping charges from me.

Just want to know which is good at the same time is quieter.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Gigabyte has better cooling (not necessarily quieter, although it'll probably work out that way) but the Palit 1GB Sonic on HWVS is over a tenner cheaper yet has higher clock speeds. By comparison the poor stock-speed EVGA isn't even in the running! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

I bought the asus cuda version of the card and have to say im impressed. Two copper pipes are excellent for keeping it cool, i managed to OC it to 900mhz on stock voltages and it never exceeded 70c even in furmark

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

I have the 1 gig gigabyte and its a great card very quite and gives great performance as well as staying cool under load

Advertisement