Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook blocked?

Options
  • 28-09-2010 8:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭

Hey between what hours can you get on facebook in the college?I've never used it before but am doing an evening course and need to upload some stuff to it for a business site.
    Was going to come in early before this evening's class to one of the labs and do it but no point if it is blocked.

Edit;think I found out;it's blocked from 11 am to 3 pm.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭themonboys

lukin wrote: »
    Hey between what hours can you get on facebook in the college?I've never used it before but am doing an evening course and need to upload some stuff to it for a business site.
    Was going to come in early before this evening's class to one of the labs and do it but no point if it is blocked.

Edit;think I found out;it's blocked from 11 am to 3 pm.

There's a way around it but I can't remember how. Was it put a hash sign before it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

When is it blocked?
    I've never had a problem in any of the IT labs or in the Computing or Physics departments.

Not that I would be using it for any non-college related things :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

set up a proxy? gbypass it? put https before it instead of http?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

It's not blocked in any lab I go into on the B or C corridor.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭MarcusFenix

if you download google chrome and use that you can use facebook.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

I found I can use it over in G block but it is blocked in open access :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

*snip*

and enter facebook within that site. it blocks the Network Admins from seen what you are looking at.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Proxy avoidance cannot be discussed here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Hattrick

akamossy wrote: »
    I found I can use it over in G block but it is blocked in open access :confused:

Its only blocked in Open Access during peak times so students can use the computers for things other than Facebook!! Sound fair to me and maybe it should be extended to all computers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Snap2010

Snip

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement