Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boots coming to Castlebar

Options
  • 28-09-2010 8:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

I heard Boots is taking over the building where aldi used to be besides Shaws...............so excited.........Is this true anyone hear this?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Have heard that alright, but to be honest if you go to some of the local pharmacys their offeres are just as good!

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Neworder79

They've been in Westport for about 3 years, strange it took so long to get to Castlebar, planning another 2 Mayo stores apparently so I guess Ballina, or the airport?

Good to see that eyesore of a building put to some use finally.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Zxc01

I am a total boots lover....I hope it comes to castlebar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

Boots IS coming to Castlebar and will be open before Christmas in the old Aldi shop beside Shaws. They've already started recruiting apparently. Yop, I defy you to find 1 woman who agrees with you :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

lol, funny it was my mate who was saying that. He reckons he can get his razor specials cheaper in his local pharmacy than in boots

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Pharmacy schmarmacy, real men get their shaving gear from www.shaving.ie ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

oscarBravo wrote: »

Negative Mr Bravo, real men get their wives to get their shaving gear:D. This means Mr Beards never has to set foot in a pharmacy or a giant UK or German supermarket!! Wife FTW :p

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭travellingbid

Have to agree, local pharmacies have better value these days. Wasn't always the case. The only thing cheap about boots is their own brand stock

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

That's great :) Boots is great value when you buy in bulk, loads of good buy one get one free offers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I haven't shaved in 5 yrs, I'm a real Man.
    If its love the bristles won't bother Her :p

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

You just haven't discovered the joy of double-edge shaving yet. You are young, grasshoppa, but you will learn... :D

I just like the way you can go into Boots and get everything you need and WANT..............personally I don't have a favourite pharmacy in Castlebar.....I like shaws for deals.....but I am big lover of Boots simple because its a one stop shop..........now if I need a perscription to fill I go to my local pharmacy all the time.....so I guess I am supporting local.....

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭emmabo25

Does anyone know if they have started (or finished) recruiting yet? There's a job for a chemist on their jobs website, but no mention of shop assistants.

You just haven't discovered the joy of double-edge shaving yet. You are young, grasshoppa, but you will learn... :D

Razors are for gurls ;)

I use the chopsaw and electric plane to sort me out. Liatroidi of steel ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Has the one in Westport damaged local business? There are already plenty of pharmacies in Castlebar, does it actually need another?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Has the one in Westport damaged local business? There are already plenty of pharmacies in Castlebar, does it actually need another?

boots is more than a pharmacy.

I agree, Boots is more than a pharmacy....

I dont reckon it is cheaper than other pharmacys but its the range product is stocks.....you go to boots and you get what you need.....

Not like visiting 2/3 pharmacys for something and none of them stocking it....

More jobs for the west..... All good for competition..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Does anybody know wen this is opening lads?

I had an interview and was told the last week of January/first week of February.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭HarryPotter41

emmabo25 wrote: »
    I had an interview and was told the last week of January/first week of February.

Excellent, if you get the job we expect to be kept abreast of all good deals on after shave :D

• Advertisement

Fingers crossed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

Boots is coming to Ballina, beside Penneys.
    Renovations are underway.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

Is that where Cobou was?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Low footfall to that area in Westport but I think it's damaged Castlebar moreso. Saves a journey to castlebar more than anything really... If Dunnes wasn't such a hellhole in Westport, people wouldn't dream of going to Castlebar to do their shopping.

I cannot wait till Boots open in Castlebar...hope its a big one...is it still due to open end of January?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Zxc01 wrote: »
    I cannot wait till Boots open in Castlebar...hope its a big one...is it still due to open end of January?

It going into the old Aldi building so Id say it should be big enough.

jenno86 wrote: »
    It going into the old Aldi building so Id say it should be big enough.

lets hope its not like all the other UK stores that come here that have an irish markup on their prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

irishgeo wrote: »
    lets hope its not like all the other UK stores that come here that have an irish markup on their prices.

Higher VAT, Higher Wages, Higher Operating Costs all contribute to this.

jenno86 wrote: »
    Higher VAT, Higher Wages, Higher Operating Costs all contribute to this.

surely not anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 EllyXx

I heard boots are not opening untill april is this true?? i had an interview there before xmas but now ive heard they havent let any1 know if they got the job or not yet cause they are not openin for a while!!!

Advertisement