Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boots coming to Castlebar

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭emmabo25

They have filled all the positions already. I had interview before Christmas but didn't get it. I got the rejection email on Christmas week (3 weeks after interview). They will only ring you if you are successful, otherwise you will get an email. I think the only job they are still interviewing for is Pharmacy Dispenser. They should have let you know at this stage as everyone I know has been informed either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 EllyXx

I never got any email or nothing saying if i got it or not which was a bit slack! thats why i was wondering cause i heard so many different stories!!! thanks for letting me know!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭emmabo25

Strange alright, maybe check all your spam folders and see if there is anything there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 EllyXx

ive checked everthing, i doubt i got it anyway if they havebt let me know thanks anyway!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

was down that way today, seen a truck delivering to the shop and some lights on inside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

there has being some work in there over the last while right throught the night as well as i live close to there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

13th April i heard is opening day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭StudentDad

I'm delighted to hear that Boots is opening in Castlebar.

SD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭ahyeahok

I work near there and the shop fitters are there the last few days. talking to one of them, they have 6 weeks to get it done, pay and display parking to go in there too so for anyone getting free parking(like me) its gonna end.

I dont find boots great value... i end up having 3 things on the 3for2 thing when all i went in for was a single item. Shaw's usually seem to have decent deals there in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 PingPing

Well if we've Shaws there next door, what harm? Best of both worlds. Personally, I can't wait for a Boots in Castlebar- it's LONG overdue, and the trek out to Westport for certain products you can only get in Boots (fussy fussy!) is only made doable by the promise of lunch in Mocha Beans. :p It'll be nice to have the Boots here before Christmas anyhow (see how I'm already doing Christmas shopping in my head) for stocking fillers and the like. Loyalty card points make me so happy around Christmas.

• Advertisement

13th April i heard is opening day.

Wednesday 4th May.

Bump. Not long now 2 1/2 weeks.

may 4th si opening day, i got a leaflet in the door with a huge error on the back.

the map on the back has directions to the new store but the N5 is down on the map as NS.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

irishgeo wrote: »
    may 4th si opening day, i got a leaflet in the door with a huge error on the back.

the map on the back has directions to the new store but the N5 is down on the map as NS.

Imagine a spelling mistake in the post... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

Looks like Boots has landed......

22 Jobs Created as Boots Open New Store in Castlebar Today Wednesday, 04 May 2011 08:35 22 NEW JOBS HAVE BEEN CREATED WITH THE OPENING THIS MORNING IN CASTLEBAR OF A NEW BOOTS STORE.
    THE STORE IS LOCATED IN THE HARLEQUIN CENTRE ON THE LOUGH LANNAGH ROAD AND IS THE COMPANY’S SECOND STORE IN MAYO AND 59TH IN THE COUNTRY.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I hear its a fine place!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭StudentDad

I was in there today - long overdue!

SD

It's massive. Looks much bigger than the Old Aldi.

It's massive. Looks much bigger than the Old Aldi.

I think they may have taken some floor space from the store at the back of the Aldi shop.
    There is a clothes store owned by Boots going upstairs also.

yop wrote: »
    I think they may have taken some floor space from the store at the back of the Aldi shop.

the aldi store room took up a lot of space as they had a cold room as well.

ill pop for in a look saturday.

• Advertisement

i dont think so... directly above aldi is shaws stockroom.

ahyeahok wrote: »
    i dont think so... directly above aldi is shaws stockroom.

Well my sister-in-law is involved in it, so thats what she was saying where it was ;)

Well my sister-in-law is involved in it, so thats what she was saying where it was ;)

Must be going elsewhere in the building so... either way good to see boots opening , fine big store and nice 'n bright too.

Advertisement