Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dropped Nikon D5000

• 28-09-2010 8:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi,

my d5000 jumped of its tripod over the weekend. I had the screen positioned out and down at the time so that took all the impact. The screen is no longer working, it's not cracked but the case around it is. The camera itself seems to be working fine but I'm a bit anxious about using it before it gets the once over.

Needless to say I'm extremely pissed!

Does anyone know of any Nikon repair centres in Dublin? Has this happened to anyone before?

Many thanks,
    S

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Nikon Service Centre

Isaacstown
    Rathmolyon, Co. Meath

(046) 9557151

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭hbr

Hi,

my d5000 jumped of its tripod over the weekend. I had the screen positioned out and down at the time so that took all the impact. The screen is no longer working, it's not cracked but the case around it is. The camera itself seems to be working fine but I'm a bit anxious about using it before it gets the once over.

Does anyone know of any Nikon repair centres in Dublin? Has this happened to anyone before?

Many thanks,
    S

Ouch!

The screens are not that expensive:
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/LCD-Screen-Display-Nikon-D5000-SLR-D-5000-/280545027291?pt=UK_Photography_DigitalCamAccess_RL&hash=item4151c964db

The flip out ones are usually quite easy to replace. If there are other
    bits broken, you will have to go to a Nikon centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭zerohamster

Hi,

Many thanks,
    S

Thats a rather unfortunate accident although lucky that the screen took the damage rather the main body of the camera.

Is the screen arm loose at all?
    The part that has been damaged is probably the screens flexible printed circuit (FPC for short). If the case is cracked across the cable or was momentarily bent in a way it is not supposed to move the FPC could easily tear.

I do repairs and am based in Greystones if you would like me to examine it quickly?
    As far as I know the Nikon service centre do repairs in house.
    PM me for details of repair if you are interested as Ive done a few repairs for other boards members and would be happy to do so :)

Advertisement