Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comedy Nights in Limerick?

• 28-09-2010 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭

I've been looking around for awhile now, and can't seem to find much in terms of comedy in Limerick during the week. I've seen a few names pop up over the last few months, but are there any regular comedy gigs during the week in Limerick?

Thanks in advance,
    Sean

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,280 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

City Hall might be good place to look considering the number of clowns in there these days. :)

To answer your question though, Dolan's and Riddler's used to run a comedy club but haven't been to them in years so don't know if they still run them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

The locke bar run a comedy night , not sure what night but they have
    a regual comedy night.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

thursday nights upstairs in the locke as far as i know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

It be great if there was an open mic night in Limerick I know I would love to give it a go

Maybe this is something Ken might think about having a open mic comedy night

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Captain Average

Look up "choke comedy". I'm not sure if they have a website, but I know they're on facebook. They run a fairly regular comedy improv night at The Loft. I haven't been to see them myself, but I've heard they're fairly good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭georgem25

Dolans have the following gigs coming up

Dead Cat Bounce Sept 30th
    Richard Hall Oct 21st
    PJ Gallagher Nov 11th
    Jason Byrne Dec 9th

http://www.dolanspub.com/

Check out Bottom Dog Theatre on facebook – they host the Choke Comedy nights and many other events in The Locke Bar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Jesus, wasn't expecting so much back so fast :) Thanks for all the replies, you're a helpful bunch!

I called the Locke to see if they still run comedy nights on a Thursday, but the girl who answered wasn't sure. She said to send an email in and someone would get back to me, so I'll post back here when I get a response. Looking at the site though, it seems they run an open mic songwriters night 3 thursdays of the month, so not sure.

Found Choke Comedy on Facebook, but need to be a friend to see any info, so waiting on this too.

Have just taken a look at the Bottom Dog Theatre site, and might be what I'm after! September lineup still up, so I'll wait on the October version anxiously!

Thanks again guys, I'll post back when I get some more info from the above :)

Just a quick update so I don't forget later - The Locke Bar got back to me just after lunch to say that they run comedy gigs one Thursday a month, and the next gig is Friday 22nd October with Damien Clarke. Not sure if this was a mistake on their part, but sure close enough :)

Bawnmore wrote: »
    Just a quick update so I don't forget later - The Locke Bar got back to me just after lunch to say that they run comedy gigs one Thursday a month, and the next gig is Friday 22nd October with Damien Clarke. Not sure if this was a mistake on their part, but sure close enough :)

Cheers for update Bawnmore im going to hunt down some open mic nights around Limerick and will update once I get some info.

Just saw on another thread that the Rubberbandits have a gig in Dolans tonight. I've only seen the youtube clips so not sure what they're like live!

Anyone know if they'd be worth dropping in for a look?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Oh definitely

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Wish those guys still posted here! :D

Bawnmore wrote: »
    Just saw on another thread that the Rubberbandits have a gig in Dolans tonight. I've only seen the youtube clips so not sure what they're like live!

Anyone know if they'd be worth dropping in for a look?

There not really my thing but if you thought they were good on youtube then I would say ya might be worth a punt, look up the gigs they did in trinity rooms I say they are on youtube aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Lornalily

If anyone does hear of any open mic comedy nights in limerick that would be something i would absolutely be interested in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 11donkey11

Hi all, anybody no if there any any open mic comedy nights in limerick? Any body interested in organising one??

Advertisement