Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do????

Options
  • 28-09-2010 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Folks,

I need some advice. I recently got a company mobile, and I think
    I'm going to keep my current personal phone (blackberry 8520), but I can't bring myself to keep paying 65 odd euro a month (50 base charge and 15 for blackberry) for the next 5months (whats left on my contract with O2). I could cancel the blackberry add on and sell the phone which would pay for a part of the closure of account fee. Then i'd get a pay as you go account for my personal phone, and use the work phone for long personal phone calls etc.

Basically the phone I got from work is rubbish and its driving me mad. So I'm undecided what to do, do I;

a) Get a dual sim Samsung phone (all a bit boring)
    b) Get a chinese dual sim Nokia rip off like an NDKLA phone
    c) Get a nice phone that has a few gadgets and keep two seperate phones.

My budget is about 150euro.

Thanks folks! All help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Ask work to get you a bb addon on your account, and you pay this section each month, plus extra €5, or €10 on top for your personal calls.

Regarding your own contract, cancel the add-on, and get it changed to the lowest tariff, and then buy it out or just continue using it at the lower price. then transfer your old number to payg and hold on to it in a spare phone, or check it every so often and give people your other number

• Registered Users Posts: 5,919 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Are you expected to carry the work phone during the day and in the evenings / weekends?

Would your company be open to the idea of using your personal number if they were to pay part of your monthly fee, including any work related calls?

Having two phones can be a challenge!

Well in my idea he would have to carry the work number after hours, he would be using it as his personal number also encase that wasn't clear

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Gymsey

I'd be keeping the numbers seperate. I'd mainly be using my work phone during the week but i'd need to keep an eye on it during the weekend.

Anyone have experience of dual sim phones?

Thanks

Gymsey wrote: »
    I'd be keeping the numbers seperate. I'd mainly be using my work phone during the week but i'd need to keep an eye on it during the weekend.

Anyone have experience of dual sim phones?

Thanks

Well if you want a proper both sims live handset, their is a great choice if you want a genuine known brand. Most are gsm rather than 3g also, so not really a smartphone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Gymsey

Thanks.

The only dual sims i've come across are the Samsung ones. What others are there?

Thanks again

Advertisement