Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prepaid mastercard

Options
  • 28-09-2010 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a preferably free or low-cost prepaid mastercard?

Which? recommends the Caxton FX, which is totally free, but it is only available to UK residents.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

More suited to Banking forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Yorky

This is the banking forum isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

I used to use Wirecard before I got a credit card and it was fine.

I used to pay maybe a euro to make a wire transfer to the card and a percentage to lodge money off another credit card IIRC. Don't think there were any other fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭matt70iu

I would go with moneybookers.com. The card costs 10e per year and there are no transaction fees and it can be topped up with your laser or debit card for free! Have one the last few months and they work a treat!

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

matt70iu wrote: »
    I would go with moneybookers.com. The card costs 10e per year and there are no transaction fees and it can be topped up with your laser or debit card for free! Have one the last few months and they work a treat!

+1 for that.

Have been used MB since they launched it, very good option!

• Advertisement
Advertisement