Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bike price inflation

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Beasty wrote: »
    Do not ignore mod warnings

Beasty

You have a pm :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Oldlegs

A previous post of mine elsewhere highlighted my view of the precarious nature of the definition of the BtW scheme and the potential for Revenue to come back at individuals and decide/adjucate that the purchase was not in line with the spirit of the scheme. Note that "tax evasion" can be based on the revenue commissioners deciding that the purpose of any scheme was to evade tax (as opposed to legal tax avoidance), even if the scheme was in line with other rules/regulations.

My view is that the BtW scheme, while very relevant to our group here in boards.ie and similar like minded individuals, is not a major issue in the big scheme of things. If too many questions or suspect transactions start appearing it would be easier to close the scheme down than have to start auditing individuals over the <€500 tax rebate.

As much as I hate saying it, if we play within the generous rules already laid out it will be better for all in the long run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Oldlegs

{Personally, I decided that on balance I could get a great deal on a "pre-owned" (great american version of "2nd hand") Carbon frame bike rather than playing the BtW scheme. But that was just my choice}

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

I agree with that. I heard some guy recently going on about how he managed to get bikes for all the family in a single transaction under the scheme and I couldn't believe a bike shop would expose themselves to that extent. This is a huge boost for bike shops and they would be well advised not to get too greedy.

Advertisement