Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos and Delivery Disgrace

Options
  • 28-09-2010 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭

At the start of July we ordered a futon with drawer from Argos.
    Had to be home delivered and as stated on the receipt it should usually take 28 days.

Waited the 28 days rang to check the delivery date to be told there was a delay and I would get a phone call a few weeks later to be given a new delivery date.

Waited the 2 weeks rang to check the delivery date to be told there was a delay and I would get a phone call a few weeks later to be given a new delivery date

Waited the 3 weeks rang to check the delivery date to be told there was a delay and I would get a phone call a few weeks later to be given a new delivery date

Waited the 3 weeks days rang to check the delivery date to be told there was a delay and I would get a phone call a few weeks later to be given a new delivery date

I was told that the drawer was unavailable so asked them could I get the futon delivered and then the drawer at a later date. As it was coming from England a part delivery wasn't an option.

Was given back the delivery charge and was told that on delivery to phone customer services for some recompense (vouchers)

Rang on Thursday last and was told that there was no further delays and I would get a call on the 26, 27 to get delivery date.

No phone call.

Rang this morning to be told there was a delivery delay and I would get a call on the 17th Oct to get a new delivery date.

I cancelled the order.

And because I cancelled the order no recompense would be forth coming.
    I asked to be put through or be given the details for their supplier to contact them but was told I couldn't have the details.

This was for a drawer, not a new Hubble Telescope, a new space shuttle but a drawer.

How on earth can it take more than 3 months to get a drawer (still no date)

No explanation, no date, no recompense an absolute disgrace Argos.

I'm off to Ikea at the weekend and never will I but anything which needs delivery from Argos again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Buying furniture from Argos is a bad idea anyway, best off going to Ikea as they are the experts at cheap cheerful and functioning furniture

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Did you get your purchase price refunded?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Ordered a sofa from Argos last year. Was given the standard 28 day delivery time. Had the sofa 5 days later. Not a complaint at all.

That was the 2nd sofa I'd ever ordered from Argos, and both delivered within a week of ordering. Much better prices than anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

dudara wrote: »
    Did you get your purchase price refunded?

Did indeed thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Paulw wrote: »
    Ordered a sofa from Argos last year. Was given the standard 28 day delivery time. Had the sofa 5 days later. Not a complaint at all.

That was the 2nd sofa I'd ever ordered from Argos, and both delivered within a week of ordering. Much better prices than anywhere else.
    but you dont know how many people have had your sofa on trial for 16days before returning it for a refund. i know someone that bought a sofa from argos a couple of years ago and when delivered the removable washable covers had already bee removed and badly washed as they had shrunk and would not fit properly, also one of the feet on the sofa was broken off, they replaced this with a similar sofa which had the same badly washed covers which looked to have been ironed and folded. the person returned this too and spent an extra €200 in a local store for a much better quality leather sofa.

• Advertisement
Advertisement