Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell ST2410 monitor RED HAZE???

Options
  • 28-09-2010 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

So I just bought a Dell ST2410 monitor.... problem is when I hook it up to a PC via VGA I get the screen almost mint except for some minor blurry parts (gets annoying after a while).... however if I connect my macbook pro with DVI I get very poor quality and load of red haze pixels......WTF? Everything is updated so what's the problem?
    Monitor/PC/Mac/Me?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Confirm your laptop and cable work on another screen and then send it back to Dell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

I think I have that exact monitor at work.
    You get the red haze if the dvi isn't pushed in tightly.
    If you push the dvi in more it goes away.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

lavinm wrote: »
    So I just bought a Dell ST2410 monitor.... problem is when I hook it up to a PC via VGA I get the screen almost mint except for some minor blurry parts (gets annoying after a while).... however if I connect my macbook pro with DVI I get very poor quality and load of red haze pixels......WTF? Everything is updated so what's the problem?
    Monitor/PC/Mac/Me?

Thanks in advance

Make sure the Mac VGA/DVI adaptor yoke (dont you need one of those on Macs?) works on other screens, could be a faulty adaptor

Nick

Advertisement