Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to make a basic website?

• 28-09-2010 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I am currently trying to make a basic website for the youth centre I am working in as part of a group project. Although I am normally good with computer related issues, I have no experience in creating a website and wish to learn how to make just a basic website that shows the youth centres aims, current issues, email address and a few pictures. Any help on this would be much appreciated.
    Shane.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

you need:

- a domain.
    - a server or hosting for the website.
    - knowledge of html and css if your doing it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Shankly Gates

There are plenty of free website templates online that you can use and just sub in the pictures and information related to your project.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

You'll be able to get the domain registration and hosting at the same time. Check out the hosting companies to see if they provide a basic site builder as part of the control panel for your site. Otherwise you'll need to learn some html/css as previous poster has said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭hearny

Like Hobochris said,

to run a live site you will need to register a domain.
    Different top level domains (TLD's) i.e. .com or .ie, cost different prices blacknight.com or register.ie would be a good place to start.

See the prices here:
    http://www.blacknight.com/domains.html

Decide on a domain name and find out if it is available (www.register.ie has a search facility).

Next you need hosting again the 2 sites above will give you a price but I am a reseller for a hosting company so if you go ahead with it I will set up free hosting for the site. There would be space and bandwidth limits but for a basic site it will do the trick.

PM me if you are interested.

As for developing the site you have the option of the free website templates but if you want to learn then go to http://www.w3schools.com/ a great site for tutorials. you will want to focus on html and css.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

A Wordpress blog might be easiest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

1)ate your site loads on internet. sitekreator one.

2) You will need a hosting company to put and kepp your site in the net. Think they have domaine names as well.

3) Make sure the name is OK. e.g domain name. You will pay for this .com are cheaper. Think the hosting company Blacknight offers this as well.

Advertisement