Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McDonalds, Superquinn Car park Limerick

Options
  • 28-09-2010 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭

I ordered a double sausage breakfast meal in Superquinn McDonalds last week. Supposed to cost €5.80, came in at €6.40, (already rung thru before i copped it and the customer service persons' hand out for the cash), querying this I was told "extra 60c charge for Cappuccino".

I regularly get Cappuccino as the drink with this meal in other restaurants. No extra costs. If at all, in EXTREMELY small writing on the board (if any) to mention this (couldnt actually read it, if it was there), there may have been a notice stating this. but no mention by the server BEFORE purchase that this would be the case, and ironically, I only buy the meal as it is cheaper, discarding the Hash Brown ! Adding insult to injury a Cappuccino is on the value meal list for €2 !

Yes, I know, franchisees can do what they like etc etc but the fact remains, I was a customer of McDonalds, not the franchisee and I've sent an email to McDonalds.

And yes, should've walked, so this is really just a heads up really for anyone thinking of buying the breakfast meal deals from this particular outlet.

Suffice to say as a result of this, I for one will no longer be purchasing ANYTHING from McDonalds. Anywhere.

Just a heads up.

fbp.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

There usually is a T&C somewhere stating this. TBH, I don't see that you have any issue here. All these prices are usually programmed into the till.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭fatboypee

dudara wrote: »
    There usually is a T&C somewhere stating this. TBH, I don't see that you have any issue here. All these prices are usually programmed into the till.

I (used to) regularly get those meals whilst travelling with work. Never in my years of doing so, was I ever charged extra for a different drink anywhere.

I am aware there are probably T&C someplace but in my view, good customer service would mean at the very least making it clear an extra charge applies before ringing in the order (and not just blithely sticking a hand out expecting the cash) and / or, a clear, concise notice (preferably on the menu relating to the items being purchased) of what is and is not included in the deal (and not some extremely small printed blurry text that you need to be behind the actual counter to read properly).

I'm all too painfully aware I've no case, the point of this thread is to highlight what is in my view very dubious/sharp practice and to try and ensure others don't get caught in the same way I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

So you have been benefitting from a mistake for quite a while and now you are complaining because it was rectified?

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

fatboypee wrote: »

Suffice to say as a result of this, I for one will no longer be purchasing ANYTHING from McDonalds. Anywhere.

I wonder how many of Mc Donalds customers consist of folk who said they'd never go back ? Same goes for Tesco, Argos, pubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Don't see anything unreasonable with charging an extra 60 cent for cappuccino tbh. Pretty sad if you'll never go back there because of this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

McDonalds breakfast meal vouchers available here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056022523

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

rubadub wrote: »
    McDonalds breakfast meal vouchers available here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056022523
    How is it that every time I order a Latte or Cappuccino from Micky D's with one of these vouchers or even with their own coffee loyalty stamps the speciality coffee machine is always out of order?.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭fatboypee

noodler wrote: »
    So you have been benefitting from a mistake for quite a while and now you are complaining because it was rectified?

I'm not complaining about the charge. I've issues with customer service and my post was an attempt to make people aware of this charge. One that I was not able to see clear Ts & C's for (though I'm not naieve enough to expect they aren't there, buried someplace) and that whatever about the 60c charge, in my view it's pretty sh1tty customer service to not point out the extra charge before ringing through the order.

I wholly expect the guy on the till was told to just ring thru the order as a means of pulling the extra cash. As explained, they are more than likely legitimately permitted via Ts & Cs to do so however, without informing the customer prior to ringing thru the order is in my view not good customer service and as a result I would actually prefer to take my business elsewhere in future.

ON a final note, if it was a mistake that is now rectified then perhaps it ought to be rectified in EVERY OTHER McDonalds outlet ever to take my money for the exact same items ? As previously explained I've been in a good few McDonalds ordering the same thing and was NEVER charged extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

On their advertising they often state that problems apply to participating outlets only.

Advertisement