Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

external hard drives?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭nudist

amacachi wrote: »

Is this a good hard drive?-my plan is to buy this-reformat it with truecrypt and run it on linux ubuntu...anyone else have a setup like this?

While i could easily buy it online from amazon uk id also like to see what this retails at in a bricks and mortar store. Reason- i had a bad experience from amazon uk when i had to return a faulty but new hp all in one printer- i ended up having to pay for the return of the device to Britain which cost 40 British pounds alone.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

got a 1 terra in reeds for 70e, 2 year warranty

got a 1 terra in reeds for 70e, 2 year warranty

Do you mean as in reads of nassau street?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Whooops, yeah.

• Advertisement

Whooops, yeah.

Dont mean to pry but could you give me more details-reads dont have a website for their stationary store only their copy/photo store.

Like what brand is the drive? and were there 2TB drives on sale?

I'm sorry I'm going to be useless here, I was in and out in 2 mins. I don't remember the brand, and the drive is in my girlfriends house so i can say tomorrow, it was one I never heard of but the warranty made me get it. Was like cene or something, that's probably completely wrong though. I saw 1.5s but didnt see 2, then again I wasn't looking. I don't think there were any other drives as good a price in there.

Advertisement