Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog's Eye

Options
  • 28-09-2010 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

I got a rescue Kitten over the weekend and I also have to dogs.

Now the kitten and dogs are getting on great now, sleeping together and the kitten is purring away and rubbing off both of them but on Saturday the kitten was taken by surprise when one of my dogs came into the room and scratched his eye.

He was fine until yesterday when I noticed that he's keeping his eye closed and now I think it might be infected as there is a bit of a greeny yellow gloopy stuff under his eye. I rang the vet and he's going in tomorrow but is there anything I can do in the meantime?

I can't see where the scrape is but I am cleaning it with salt and water - any other ideas on how to keep it clean?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Cotton buds and warm water should do until you get him looked at in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Just keep up what you're doing, stop the gunk from going dry and crusty. I'd used cool boiled water with a little bit of salt.
    Just be careful if you use cotton wool, the bits can get caught on the hair and make it worse, I would use and old (well washed) duster or some lint free cloth. Also wipe once then use a fresh bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭northdubgal

Thanks guys, I've re-arrange the appointment for today just in case. I think it's getting worse :( poor little fella.

Advertisement