Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bella Atina closed down

Options
  • 28-09-2010 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭

Drove past every day in the last 2 weeks and its not opened, anyone hear anything?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

about time:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

Ah no, their pizzas were fantastic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭merryhappy

They're moving to the Boiled Onion's premises. Big mistake if you ask me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭gipi

So does that mean the Boiled Onion is gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Trafford Lad

Yes the Boiled Onion has been closed for months now, big shame, always seemed to be busy and I always liked it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

skipz wrote: »
    about time:rolleyes:
    no love for Bella?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Bella Atina is the finest restuarant in Drogheda in my opinion. I love the food in the pizzeria but has a bit of a dodgy reaction both times through:confused:

Hope the move works out and the food stays the same.

no love for Bella?

:)No, no love! Never liked it, always thought it was crap greasy cooking and people only went to it to say they dinned in it to show off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Yes the Boiled Onion has been closed for months now, big shame, always seemed to be busy and I always liked it.

I believe the owner/ head chef of the Boiled onion has now leased the Seapoint Golf course restaurent.

pizzas and stuffed mushrooms are amazing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 lasthope

merryhappy wrote: »
    They're moving to the Boiled Onion's premises. Big mistake if you ask me!

Moved???
    More like kicked out

Bella Atina is the finest restuarant in Drogheda in my opinion. I love the food in the pizzeria but has a bit of a dodgy reaction both times through:confused:

Hope the move works out and the food stays the same.

Was in the premises after they left it,
    The food might have been good but I'm not surprised you were sick after eating there I would compare there standards to that of an outdoor food vender in India.
    Put it this was if The health and safty officer, Food and Hygine or fire officer went into this place they would have closed it then and there

lasthope wrote: »
    Moved???
    vender in India.

Apologies if you are locked but the word is vendor.
    I am a self proclaimed nitpicker.....that is my jbo! :D <<<<<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 lasthope

Apologies if you are locked but the word is vendor.
    I am a self proclaimed nitpicker.....that is my jbo! :D <<<<<

Good catch:)

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Carra23

:)No, no love! Never liked it, always thought it was crap greasy cooking and people only went to it to say they dinned in it to show off.

If the food is so bad in there why would people just go there to show off , would they not go to a really nice restaurant ?

Carra23 wrote: »
    If the food is so bad in there why would people just go there to show off , would they not go to a really nice restaurant ?

Why do sheep follow each other? If one sheep thinks the grass is fantastic over in the bog the rest of the sheep will follow.
    Its like, "if she dines there so can i"
    And then you get them at work the next day "Yeah, me and so and so went to bella last night and it was fantastic!"
    I thinks its a Irish thing, making things a hundred times better than its is because they were there.

but the food is nice. ......... I dont like eddie rockets despite everyone sayin its lovely

Why do sheep follow each other? If one sheep thinks the grass is fantastic over in the bog the rest of the sheep will follow.
    Its like, "if she dines there so can i"
    And then you get them at work the next day "Yeah, me and so and so went to bella last night and it was fantastic!"
    I thinks its a Irish thing, making things a hundred times better than its is because they were there.

It's an Irish thing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭lamoss

I was out walking today and noticed that all the signage from the Bella atina has been removed from the premesis. I noticed that a hand written sign was in the front window saying that a new Italian restaurant will be opening soon.
    A pile of tables were also piled up in the window as well. If it ever re-opens only time will tell.

Those premesis for a restaurant seem to be jinxed , their has been 4 different restaurants since 2000 as far as I know :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Yep closed down two weeks ago now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Yep closed down two weeks ago now!

• Advertisement
Advertisement