Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maxol in Portarlington

Options
  • 28-09-2010 1:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭

I see Maxol now have a token on the air/water for your car.

How tight are they, i buy my diesel in there a lot and twice a year i might use the water and the time i do after spending over 1k a year in the place i have to get a token ?

I understand people might pull in and use it without buying anything but i could do that as look at the amount of times i would buy without using the services.

Anyway last time i go near the place, going out to Lutterls now off the Portlaoise rd, they are 4 cent cheaper a litre anyway ( rant over )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Stato x

u can just use a euro and get it back :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Stato x wrote: »
    u can just use a euro and get it back :)

Don't always have a euro...........or time to go in and que to ask for a token to pump my wheel.

I understand a supermarket doing it makes people put the trolley back etc but for water/air at a garage:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Stato x

I know its kinda mad but they do it to get people to put the hose back ya know :)
    I saw it in Portlaoise before it was in Maxol so it could become the norm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

To be fair, the amount of times you pull into a garage and find the gauge broken because someone has thrown it back was quite high. I'm more than happy with this system because at least it is highly likely that when i call in it will be working now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

budhabob wrote: »
    To be fair, the amount of times you pull into a garage and find the gauge broken because someone has thrown it back was quite high. I'm more than happy with this system because at least it is highly likely that when i call in it will be working now.

I'm not and i won't be using the business again...........haven't mentioned Maxol and Texaco price matching for the last year:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

I'm not and i won't be using the business again...........haven't mentioned Maxol and Texaco price matching for the last year:rolleyes:

I dont buy petrol there, I think its quite expensive, but the air is still free and now has a system in place to ensure it is maintained.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Its to stop people leaving the hose on the ground etc... and its not the end of the world to have to get change in the shop to use it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

I think the token idea is a good one, especially if it means the equipment will be better looked after by users. I've been frustrated more than once when I've pulled into to pump a tyre to find the gauge either broken or unusable. I've since bought a cheap pressure gauge of my own to check the real tyre pressures myself. I saw a thread somewhere where a garage owner detailed how expensive it was to provide "free air"- repairing damaged gauges, hose, maintaining the compressor etc.

Advertisement