Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyres in Cork?

Options
  • 28-09-2010 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,991 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, so just noticed there's a weird gash/bulge/nastiness going on with one of my tyres, it'll need to be replaced :(

Where's a cheap spot for new tyres? I'll probably be picking up 2 of them... Currently I'm at work in Holyhill, I'll be driving to Rochestown at 5pm, so anywhere in those general vicinities/direction would be perfect...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

I always use the tyre place down by the train station (next to Right Price Tiles)Treadwell Tyres 021 450 9944, Liam O'Mahony is the manager. You can make this be on your way home if you go home via Blackpool/McCurtain St. They do budget tyres as well as branded. I always find them OK price wise & I always get premium brand tyres for my cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Christys tyres down by na Piarsighs are generally quite cheap and quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Fast Fit Tyres in Dean Rock Business Park Togher. 021-4961022

Lads there are very nice and prices are excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 ryano77

Hogzy wrote: »

yeah id recommend them too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

There's a place up in holyhill in the industrial estate by an post seems grand.

• Advertisement

They'll try and sell you new shocks, brake discs and an exhaust as well as the tyres though it they think you are dim enough to buy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

RoverJames wrote: »
    They'll try and sell you new shocks, brake discs and an exhaust as well as the tyres though it they think you are dim enough to buy them.

My mother has never had that sort of experience and she does whatever the shop assistant tells her to do. I think there very honest!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I find Dessie's tyres in Blackpool to be pretty reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

John Banks tyres in Turner's Cross. I've always been happy with the prices and service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

+3. Best price by a long shot on a set of Pirellis and not a new shock/exhaust in sight :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Saggitarius

I suppose it's cheapest way to order online from http://www.eiretyres.com. There the prices are content the shipping cost to your door. I did for myself for family van, as needed a bit expensive tyres, higher spec than average (similar to van C category). I had best offer, for non branded was around 100eur/pc, for original Yokohama around 120eur and there I bought a good quality for 68eur/pcs and using now happily.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

To be honest, I never find Eiretyres or Camskill to be the cheapest option. It's a pain in the arse, you order the tyres, have to be there for delivery, stick them in the car, bring them somewhere, pay someone to fit them and dispose of the old one. A lot of time and hassle.

Most times I've priced Eiretyres, or Camskill for a certain tyre, I add on the fitting charge (Usually 60 for 4 wheels) phone a few tyre shops here for prices and ask them to price match. Most come within 5-10 euro a corner, and that's well worth it to me to support local businesses and save the hassle of having to take time off work to be there for the delivery.

Advertisement