Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[BPB] Boards Photobook 2010 - Roll Up Roll Up!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

That's 75 people in. 3 to go and then we'll get a waiting list ready.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

I'd like to be considered!

76 - 2 more to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭ekehoe

If there's still room, I'd love to be considered!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 thelastdj

I would like in too!

80 People have their name down to submit a photo. Read the rules for the pics in the guidelines thread below this. I'm going to set a deadline of 10 days for everyone to get this done and dusted.

For anyone else, there's still a possibility of submitting your name to get a pic published. Just reply to this thread and I'll put you on a standby list. Given the way things happen here, people are likely to drop out

So for the record, pics are to be submitted to the email address in the guidelines thread. No later than 1pm Sunday 10th October.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I put my name on the other list... :(

I'm in (if there is space) and I have my image ready to go! :)

DeV

This is what's going to happen with the printing etc that you may be interested in

https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=1jcJB9QDFBm6BttuvS-LLe7OKTtQxqPirQRIiBIrfJbXZYrcsDEQNPGJzg8gy&hl=en&authkey=CJOJlvYJ

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭trican

I guess I missed this some place, but where can I find info on the selection criteria? Or is it a case if you're on the list you're in?

• Advertisement

There was a thread started a while ago where people declared their interest. Then this one formed to fill in the rest of the spaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 mushypea007

If anyone drops out, please add me to the list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

No selection criteria, it's on a first come, first serve basis. The list is now full and all people that haven't put their name down yet are still welcome to do so, as we have a waiting list in operation. Out of 80 people it is very likely that a few will not actually submit their image, which is when the names on the waiting list comes into action.

In order to facilitate an easy selection and editing procedure - even if you are on the waiting list, we would like you to send your photograph as per the instructions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Have been caught up on real life stuff but I would like to add myself to the waiting list if possible as well. I have had a piccie in the 2008 & 2009 books and would like to continue that tradition.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Count me in too please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

I'll submit a photo too if there is room?

• Advertisement

Reserve List
    1. trican
    2. mushypea007
    3. gandalf
    4. humberklog
    5. homer_simpson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Can you stick my name on the reserve list too please:)

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭stabo

Can you put me on the reserve list too.cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

Can a mod please clean up this, ad all the names to the front plus the other important info.

When is the payment due ?

Chorcai wrote: »
    Can a mod please clean up this, ad all the names to the front plus the other important info.

Are you nominating yourself to run this?

Part one was to get the names. Part 2 is submission of photos. Part 3 is chasing up those who haven't submitted and get the reserve list in. Part 4 is payment.

I may be angry because of the rugby match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Pivot_Al

I'd like to put my name on the reserve list - thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Can you add me to the reserve list please? Thanks!

Kensutz had it all under control - as part of the Books team and a fresh new mod, I'm following it up closely. The final list of submissions has been confirmed and a waiting list has been created, so it's all very clear imho.

Payment is due when the book is actually published!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

kensutz wrote: »
    Are you nominating yourself to run this?

Part one was to get the names. Part 2 is submission of photos. Part 3 is chasing up those who haven't submitted and get the reserve list in. Part 4 is payment.

I may be angry because of the rugby match.

No just offering a suggestion to have all the names and resver list on the 1st post.

No just offering a suggestion to have all the names and resver list on the 1st post.

For some reason you can't edit posts after a certain timeframe. I'm unsure if a mod can do it but it does make sense to update the list on the first page. Don't worry I calmed down after the rugby ;)

The photos are starting to roll in. I'd like to point out that the quicker we get them in, the faster the book will be designed and printed. Deadline is in 7 days so some time left to get your shots in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

quick question regarding the page colour. i haven't been following the other threads.

Are the page going to black or white? as this is going to effect the border on my shot.

Thank you

White pages

First 3 names from the waiting list are in on the book. Pm's have been sent to the guys to let them know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

I have one I wanted to submit is it too late? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Jemmy wrote: »

It is never too late, if you submit before this Sunday ;)

Jemmy wrote: »
    ThOnda wrote: »
    It is never too late, if you submit before this Sunday ;)

There's a waiting list unfortunately

All of you should have received the following message by PM. If not, I must have overlooked you and I do apologize!

Boards Photobook

Hi all,

Just a quick heads-up on the following:

We intend to publish your submitted images on Pixie/Flickr/Facebook/... for promoting the book.

We are also working up an idea to make the images available for sale, through the BoardsPhotoBook concept, with a certain percentage of the sale going to SSF.

We will provide more details about this later - but we would like to keep everyone involved about what is happening.

IMPORTANT
    If you do not agree with your image being pusblished anywhere else but the book- please inform Kintaro Hattori or myself and we will ensure it will not be displayed for promoting purposes.

If there any question, remarks or additional thoughts, please let us know!

One question came back saying "but I don't have a Pixie account" - No need to worry about that, we will crosspost over the platforms under the Boards Photo Book account with accredition of the images. If, and when, a sale were to occur - naturally we will be in touch with you first. Like I said, we have yet to sort out the details, we firstly wanted to inform everyone and give them the option to opt out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 muineach_bro

Thank you so much for including Muineach.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 slkav

Is it too late?

slkav wrote: »
    Is it too late?

We'll pop you on the waiting list!

Also - we have decided not to proceed with selling any individual print on Flickr/Pixie as mentioned in the PM and above message. Images there will be solely for promotional purposes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

I've just sent off my photo ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

fook!! which photo to submit....im at a loss!!!

*evil grin* the joys of inflicting pain to all your brains this week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

My photo is submitted. Are we sharing what we have submitted or will it be a surprise for people when they buy the book?

Also, just wanted to say thanks to the team who are managing and putting all this together, well done all of you!

I haven't got a read receipt for me e-mail yet, so I'm hoping ye got it !
    I bit the bullet last night, (thanks to the deadline) and just said "OK this is the ONE !!" :D
    Are we sharing what we have submitted
    Heck, no way, its all a BIG surprise on the day you open that big shiny new book :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Think they are using gmail and if so, gmail doesn't do read receipts - they view it as a privacy thing (eh... google.... pot.... kettle... black...)

It's there....................

or did I delete it? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Heck, no way, its all a BIG surprise on the day you open that big shiny new book :-)

Isn't there already a large selection on Flickr? http://www.flickr.com/photos/54550995@N03/

Isn't there already a large selection on Flickr?
    Damn, didn't know that, I presumed it was the same as the last 2 years.
    Note to self: do not and I repeat do not look at that flickr link :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭zerohamster

Just submitted mine :) I never thought I would take so long to decide on how my photo should look even after I had already chosen it hahaha

Cant wait to see the final results :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I think mine was one of the first submitted.

I already had a very good idea of what I wanted to submit, so not too difficult a choice. Looking at the others submitted (on Flickr), I'm very happy with my own selection.

Some really lovely images submitted by people.

Loads of swans, Beckett Bridge images, etc. :D Maybe it should be called the Beckett Swan book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭rameire

Note to self: do not and I repeat do not look at that flickr link :D

Oops...had to look! :o

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

Loads of swams
    .........oh no, not swams :o:p
    I definitely won't click the link now !, but............. I know I will before the book arrives, damn you Paulw :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Just submitted there, just have to wait on a couple of people to drop out so i'll be in!

• Advertisement
Advertisement